Friction Drive Ideas

here is my idea it might work in stead of a tire how about a wide belt like a conveyor belt on drive hub and a roller on the other side to keep pressure on the roller be like a wide belt on the older motorcycles where the wide belt hooked up the tranny together... or like a belt sander setting on the tire something similer

I do like the idea of the double sided timing belt in contact with the wheel. If you were to machine a piece of plastic that matched the profile of the tire and put it on the inside between the drive pulley and the driven pulley you would have lots of hard contact area and could probably get some pretty good hook up. My one concern would be the belt wear on the tire contact side. Any thoughts?

One of the other things I was thinking of was Rhino Lining which they put in pickup truck beds. The stuff is pretty darn tough. If you coated your drive spindle in that stuff it might last. Wouldn't be to hard to re-coat either. Well better sign off before my 2 year old tries to climb on my head again.

Carl

OP your only solution doesn't involve a FD, you need a chain drive or a GEBE setup. If its wet theres no friction in a friction drive no matter what anyone posts. You can nurse them along at about 5-10 mph if your lucky and your talking mud.

The "bikemotorparts.com" (bmp) Came Up With The Jack Shaft Kit For His Friction Drive System. You Can Run The Second Shaft With Chain Or Belt.

The Bigger Friction Roller Could Be On The Second Spindle/shaft. Or You Could Use The Double Right Side Freewheel Set-up I Came Up With For My Cvt Builds. The Drive Link To Wheel Could Be Chain Or Belt. Or You Could Use The Whizzer Sheave On The Left Side.

Several Options With His System. He Sold Out And The New Owner Will Be Shipping In June. The Web Site Is Running With Lots Of Pictures And Details.
I Have Several Friction Drives, Prefer His.

He Also Has The Clutch Drum Machined From Steel, Not All The Wobbling And Distruction Caused By The Pressed Out Drums.

You May Get Idea`s From His Site. An Oversea`s Company Sell`s All The Whizzer Replacement Parts Or Complete Bike On Ebay Motors.

Ron

Back