FN motorbikes! Love to hate em! Hate to love em!

Glad to hear you're ok. You just never know, especially on a bike. Last week, I suddenly found I was going down the road with two does, one on each side, all three of us in the right lane. It was kinda like running with the bulls but I had no idea it was coming. Only doing about 28, just let off the throttle and they disappeared as fast as they came.

Have to say, on one of these contraptions, I prefer the heat only because pedaling and dumping the clutch over and over (also had an E spark plug go bad last week on the way home) when one is wearing several layers of clothing is the closest I ever want to get to sweating with the oldies! If I pedaled it up to about twenty miles per hour it would almost start. My legs are still weak!

As Damien can verify, here in Eastern New Mexico, it generally doesn't get too hot or too cold (at least for long) but the wind always is a drag!

Thinking about you guys on this thread will have me chuckling all night!

It probably won't do you any good, but I have a low mileage reproduction whizzer front hub missing a few spoke holes. Internals are perfect. My creation from my "bad day on a bicycle" art routine. Yours for free if you pay the shipping, I've gone sturmey archer but I never throw anything away. Someone might need it!

It probably won't do you any good, but I have a low mileage reproduction whizzer front hub missing a few spoke holes. Internals are perfect. My creation from my "bad day on a bicycle" art routine. Yours for free if you pay the shipping, I've gone sturmey archer but I never throw anything away. Someone might need it!
Yeah I'll pay the shipping. I'll pm you. Thanks

Cool cool! Being a cheap dude at heart glad I could at least brighten your day a little. After digesting the fact you walked away from it, all I could see was dollar signs looking at your poor bike. That's a drag
It faired out ok. I need to get the wheels on a stand to check, but they looked ok rolling bike around. I know 1 thing, they dont make hardened keyed shaft as hard as they used to.

when one is wearing several layers of clothing is the closest I ever want to get to sweating with the oldies!
I would PAY big bucks to watch you and Richard Simmons sweatin to the oldies together...lol...lol.

Thinking about you guys on this thread will have me chuckling all night!
Just one more for you to chuckle over tonight...lol.

As Damien can verify, here in Eastern New Mexico, it generally doesn't get too hot or too cold (at least for long) but the wind always is a drag!
I can certainly attest to the winds but if you look at the screenshot below, you will see where I am straight in the middle between east and west New Mexico way down south, about an hours drive by car from the Mexican border.

Tucumcari, NM is about 4 to 5 hours drive away, northeast of me as you can see on the map, parallel with Alburquerque...lol...Temperatures might be just a tad cooler where you are cowboy...lol.

Screenshot_2023-11-05_20-05-05.png

I'm no engineer, heck I never even played one on TV, but I have always been under the impression that woodruff keys and the like are engineered to shear before something else breaks. Your mileage may vary....

Still using a chop saw I got after a stainless steel worker threw it in the dumpster at work. Said it sounds like the motor works but the saw blade quit moving. Two bucks later I was in business.

I can certainly attest to the winds but if you look at the screenshot below, you will see where I am straight in the middle between east and west New Mexico way down south, about an hours drive by car from the Mexican border.

Tucumcari, NM is about 4 to 5 hours drive away, north east of me as you can see on the map, parallel with Alburquerque...lol...Temperatures might be just a tad cooler where you are cowboy...lol.

View attachment 202513
Well, we must have pretty similar weather as pistachios can be grown in both places. I researched them pretty heavy years ago and they need so many days colder than...and so many days hotter than....They don't do well in most places.

Back