FN motorbikes! Love to hate em! Hate to love em!

DieselTech

Local time
7:21 AM
Any of you guys & gals just have them days where you think about hanging it up? Motorbike wise?

Damn deer ran out on me this morning, riding my briggs powered Rollfast! Had to FN lay my bike down or should I say make a quick exit off of it.

Well I'm ok, but Rollfast took a fairly good hit I believe. Bent my 5/8jackshaft/pedal crank. Got my high dollar Juggarnaut clutch.

FN lost a brake lever, snapped that beach right off! Maybe ruined my front whizzer wheel!

Twisted my front fork & possibly took my front whizzer wheel out.

IDK what's all F'd up yet. I'm soo pissed I pushed the bike off in the woods & got a ride home.

I'll post pics later after I go get my bike & cool down!!! Bout to go a unlimited deer hunt!!! No License Required!!!

I know this may not be able to soothe you any about this, but it could have also happened to you driving a car too...That wouldn't mean you would be giving up on driving a car now would it?

A buddy of mine back in New Hampshire had a moose get in front of him while driving his car and the damage to him and his car was immense...Long legged, tall moose versus car = the moose going right through his windshield broadside and car hitting a tree as a result.

This could have been much worse, at least you could lay the bike down, not so with a car though...Thank God your not seriously injured in a coma in a hospital, all because you at least had your wits about you and was able to do what you did to minimise the end results here.

Bikes can be repaired or replaced, YOU, not so much, I would consider this a win-win situation for you.

I know this may not be able to soothe you any about this, but it could have also happened to you driving a car too...That wouldn't mean you would be giving up on driving a car now would it?

A buddy of mine back in New Hampshire had a moose get in front of him while driving his car and the damage to him and his car was immense...Long legged, tall moose versus car = the moose going right through his windshield broadside and car hitting a tree as a result.

This could have been much worse, at least you could lay the bike down, not so with a car though...Thank God your not seriously injured in a coma in a hospital, all because you at least had your wits about you and was able to do what you did to minimise the end results here.

Bikes can be repaired or replaced, YOU, not so much, I would consider this a win-win situation for you.
Yeah I know, if I would have been on my new e-bike, it would probably been a direct head on hit, or no contact at all.

Lol I got some aches slowly setting in I can feel now.

Yeah I had a moose run out on me once on my Harley, lmao you do not realize how big a moose is until your sitting on your Harley!!!🤣😂🤣 It made my Harley & me look like a mini-bike.

We both danced that day, but we both walked away from it that day.

Bikes are cheap & I'll can always build a new 1.

Nothing happened to the tire, it is a motorcycle tire. Porcupines don't usually affect tires. Mooses do.
No I was thinking as stiff/ridged a porcupine quill is it might punture a tire. Yeah I hope I never hit anything 4 legged.

My bike may or may not have clipped the deer, I'm not sure.

Lol I was too busy rolling & flailing around!!!🤣😂🤣

That really sucks. Glad your ok though. In alot of situations like that laying the bike down it your only option. I knew a guy who was riding is bike on the highway and a truck pulled out across it hauling a trailer. The had to lay the bike down. He showed me some pictures of the bike and it was mangled, it ended up under the trailer

CRASHING SUCKS glad your OK Diesel

May 2010 I had a coyote at full gallop dart into the front end of my M/C while I was going 60mph
Yep, the M/C went down and while I was sliding on my azz, I watched the M/C flip over a couple times. It got totaled,

DSCN1464.JPG

Yep insurance got me a new bike
DSCN1645.JPGDSCN1655.JPG

CRASHING SUCKS glad your OK Diesel

May 2010 I had a coyote at full gallop dart into the front end of my M/C while I was going 60mph
Yep, the M/C went down and while I was sliding on my azz, I watched the M/C flip over a couple times. It got totaled,

View attachment 202431

Yep insurance got me a new bike
View attachment 202443View attachment 202444
Yeah glad your ok. Also glad you had insurance to get a replacement bike. Lmao mine is still laying in the woods getting rained on. I refuse to get wet in 46°f weather. Plus I dont have a truck to go get it.

Back