Crashes Fallen MBer

I did not know Rhett, I have read through his posts though and he seemed a man of intelligence and always friendly. My sympathies go out to his family and friends. It's a sad day indeed when we lose a brother, especially one so young and filled with promise. Woody

Last edited:
Rhett's Memorial Thread

The story of Rhett touched me very deeply. I had read some of his posts before I found out what happened. I want to start this thread as a place for all to share the accidents or mishaps that they have had in order to help newbies like me stay here for a while. Please post your stories. Some I have already heard involve falling in their own driveway, others have been on the road. Anything that will make another person think more about saftey is important.

I linked here from a thread (Poll: Helmets, do you wear one?).
Sorry to hear a fellow rider has died. I love my motor bicycle and ride it to work every week. I am trying hard to win friends and educate people, cyclist or not, and make allies with drivers, cops, and motorcyclists (the big ones :) )

I hope justice and peace can meet in the right place for you all (family of lost rider) .

Like you, Stan4d, I read through a number of Rhett's posts, some time ago, then hit the bad part.
It touched me too, as did Turtle Tedd's story, not long after, but I still rode, (only in my yard), without a helmet about 2 or 3 hours after reading Tedd's story. Fell on my head, unconscious for several seconds, vomiting blah blah, good gash on head, dizzy on and off for a couple of days and no memory of the event or the next hour or two, shoulder, knee and hand injuries as a bonus. Nothing serious and everything is almost healed after 3 weeks, but a good reminder. You never know when it will happen.
My front wheel skidded on gravel for 6 inches, hit the edge of my concrete driveway and threw me straight down, head-first, into the concrete. My neighbour saw me go down and not get up, so he came to help. I'm one of the lucky ones.
I've said it before, but helmets are cheaper than heads.

Here are two more in the last 3 days, not far from where I live, one with no helmet: MB Rider Hit by Car, now in Hospital

... Steve

Last edited:
safety

well being a type1 diabetic for 36 years this year,i can say my first motoredbike ride in 1997 almost ended in a crash.i was just very excited,and sometimes thats all it takes,i came to in the middle of an intersection very confused.all the excitement can bring on low blood sugar,if that was the case?you really dont feel anything because the brain is shutting off.sorry to hear of rhetts passing,he was doing something he liked.thanks aussie jester for keeping everyone informed.

on a side note-since just about everyone is an old fart here,i had a heart attack in november and did not really notice it,i thought i hurt my arm and maybe had heartburn.you can have a heart attack and continue on,reason this is bad is damage afterwards,you need to get to a emerg soon as possible,sometimes the smallest things in life can get ya.be aware!:cool:

Back