Crank Bearings

Wrench

Local time
12:19 AM
I noticed my Pedal sprocket was not spinning freely today, upon inspection one ball was outta the cage, when I removed the bearing more balls fell out
DSCF3911.JPG
DSCF3912.JPG

I was able to P/U some new crank bearings at the local Bike shop
DSCF3913.JPG

Cleaned off all the old grease and put new. Greased the bearings and packed the cups with grease too,
All's good again

BTW Red-N-Tacky turns purple when ya add molly to it

Have you thought about using a 3 piece bottom bracket with sealed bearing? Though I doubt you pedal much lol
Yeah, I don't pedal much besides, I wouldn't wanna put a 3 piece on my Whizzer

Kick starting with the pedals put's alot of stress on the bearings
The bearing on the chain side seems to take most of the abuse deforming the cage
This is the second time I've had to replace the crank bearings in 18 years and over 42k miles

Yeah, I don't pedal much besides, I wouldn't wanna put a 3 piece on my Whizzer

Kick starting with the pedals put's alot of stress on the bearings
The bearing on the chain side seems to take most of the abuse deforming the cage
This is the second time I've had to replace the crank bearings in 18 years and over 42k miles
Those bearings is probably what my lower spine looked like before this surgery lol

I also bought a Half Link chain for my Whizzer
This will help to make the belts tighter

I also orderd a new rear belt When it gets here I'll put the new chain on

My old belt AX62 has over 20K miles on it and when kick starting it's starting to slip, A new Belt will fix that
DSCF3914.JPG
DSCF3915.JPG

BTW Red-N-Tacky turns purple when ya add molly to it
The "cheap" way to make a high moly content grease.
Mix pure moly-sulfide powder in.

Altnerative option, or add on for chain grease is PTFE

Just don't breathe in the PTFE, and wash your hands well after handling.

Mix both with melted Paraffin wax and drown a chain in it for a long long lasting chain wax and lubrication treatment. Great for dusty conditions.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I just noticed the half link chain I bought today is way too short, 85 link

The guy at the store knew I needed 112 link chain because I was looking at a regular KMC chain
I told him I wanted that in half link and he got it, Too bad I didn't look at the back to see how long it was, 85 link too short

I'll go back to the bike shop tomorrow and get the correct length :LOL:

I just noticed the half link chain I bought today is way too short, 85 link

The guy at the store knew I needed 112 link chain because I was looking at a regular KMC chain
I told him I wanted that in half link and he got it, Too bad I didn't look at the back to see how long it was, 85 link too short

I'll go back to the bike shop tomorrow and get the correct length :LOL:
Maybe your new belt will be in tomorrow & you can pick both of them up. That is good looking chain.

Bike guy must of seen the "121 Half Link" on the front and thought it was 121 links
DSCF3914.JPG

But clearly on the back it says 85L
DSCF3917.JPG

Now that I look on line, it looks like the longest length half Link chains come in is 100 links
Probably because their meant for BMX bikes

Maybe they got an extra 12 links they can give me,
Because I really don't wanna have to buy 2 chains to make one chain $50 + tax
If that's the case I'll use my old chain

Back