Clutch slipping?

OrionSphere

Local time
1:01 PM
How do I know if my clutch is slipping? When starting my bike and releasing clutch lever, bike locks for a second and lurches, but otherwise starts fine. Later in the ride, when pulling in clutch lever, there is also a lurch, but not as bad.

Not sure what you mean by lurching.

A slipping clutch is evident when at speed, heavy acceleration causes the rpms to flare but not accelerate proportionally (or at all) especially up hills.

Severe slipping would be flaring and the bike barely accelerateing followed by clutch stink.

@DAMIEN1307 has a clutch adjustment procedure.

Not sure what you mean by lurching.

A slipping clutch is evident when at speed, heavy acceleration causes the rpms to flare but not accelerate proportionally (or at all)

Severe slipping would be flaring abd the bike barely accelerate.
I have 100cc (77cc bike) that hasn't been broken in and it doesn't go over 30mph

Doesn't seem like clutch slipping then I guess, but engine seems a bit "rattily" I have a video

I can't hear or see much.

But if what you mean by lurching is simply weight shift from using the clutch, you need to learn clutch control which requires use of your throttle and clutch at the same time and rev matching when you drop the clutch, basically you want your engine speed to match transmission speed

What is your gearing, and does it seem like the engine revs disproportionately to your speed?

I can't hear or see much.

But if what you mean by lurching is simply weight shift from using the clutch, you need to learn clutch control which requires use of your throttle and clutch at the same time and rev matching when you drop the clutch.

What is your gearing, and does it seem like the engine revs disproportionately to your speed?
36T sprocket, stock engine gear, it has nice low end acceleration but after 20mph it doesn't accelerate hardly. I can't really describe it

Also I have to start with a bit of choke, and the engine does get really got but no air leaks. When it's broken in further will it jest up less/accelerate better and not require choke to start?

36T sprocket, stock engine gear, it has nice low end acceleration but after 20mph it doesn't accelerate hardly. I can't really describe it

Also I have to start with a bit of choke, and the engine does get really got but no air leaks. When it's broken in further will it jest up less/accelerate better and not require choke to start?
Your engine should take choke to start from cold.

Is it this sound?

Also check this

Lean bog I call "Mooing".

I watched em, I need to ride my bike again and check. I'm using this oil, should be good right?

Also, my engine quickly gets too hot to touch, is that bad?

1000001843.jpg
1000001841.jpg

Spark plug

Back