Carby Carby wont fit on frame, is using an offset manifold the best idea?

7F28AE64-D5F8-4922-A9E6-92753E23BD7D.jpeg
4EC0A513-141A-430E-B3C9-C42140B20774.jpeg

You might be able to get a 1 inch exhaust clamp and use the C part to space it out.
is this the C part in the pic
I was thinking sticking it on the rear mount would move it forward to get the carby away from the frame
Also this is what the engine lookks like on the frame at the moment, would moving the engine forward be a problem on the front mount or could u just put padding or something

is this the C part in the pic

Also this is what the engine lookks like on the frame at the moment, would moving the engine forward be a problem on the front mount or could u just put padding or something
Yes, that is. You could probably space that one out if it comes off the block. The front mount would have to move up in the frame, that might also be problematic with the carb.

After just viewing that rear wheel again, I see that the frame appears to be in contact with the rear drive sprocket, even after re-adjusting the rag joint, you are probably going to need to stretch out that left hand side of the frame a little more to avoid contact with the frame,

I had to do this as well and used an extra axle nut I had and placed it on the inside in between the sprocket and the frame to keep it from touching...Just use some blue locktite to keep the nut in place so it is not touching the sprocket but has just enough space in between that nut and the sprocket so it does not interfere with the wheel to be able to freely rotate.

Another thought on your airfilter problem, is that foam filter underneath the hold down plastic piece and secured so it doesn't get sucked into the carby???...If so, you would not even need that black plastic cover and would have even better air flow...It could even be glued in place on the outside of that little round cage piece if necessary...Just a thought.

Another thought on your airfilter problem, is that foam filter underneath the hold down plastic piece and secured so it doesn't get sucked into the carby???...If so, you would not even need that black plastic cover and would have even better air flow...It could even be glued in place on the outside of that little round cage piece if necessary...Just a thought.
Nah, its in the cap part i took off that doesnt fit

I think Damien is onto something with his idea. You could just tie the foam to the inner plastic piece with wire and call it good. I would be inclined to cut enough of the plastic cover away until it fits, just take a hack saw to it and remove the bottom portion at the same angle as the seat down tube.

If you end up destroying the cover no worries as you could use plan 1.

I think Damien is onto something with his idea. You could just tie the foam to the inner plastic piece with wire and call it good. I would be inclined to cut enough of the plastic cover away until it fits, just take a hack saw to it and remove the bottom portion at the same angle as the seat down tube.

If you end up destroying the cover no worries as you could use plan 1.
The plastic covers for the air filters can be cut easily with a utility knife, I usually cut two extra breather holes in the side of mine.

I drilled three holes in mine with a step drill. I had the carb sticking out too far to clear the clutch lever so I changed it to a HP carb which is much more compact.

I drilled three holes in mine with a step drill. I had the carb sticking out too far to clear the clutch lever so I changed it to a HP carb which is much more compact.
You are probably one of the very few people in the forums thats had any real success in tuning an HP carby then...lol...Most folks fail to do so quite miserably.

Back