Bucking bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's not pretty but I'm using a cork just until Tuesday. I ordered a new float. Until then, the cork won't do any damage. Oh, what causes the bike to bog? I moved that little clip in the needle where the throttle cable goes in and moved it one notch up. Which is on the second notch going down. Now, before I did that, I ran the thing for six miles and it never bogged out. Would that clip in the throttle cable have anything to do with it?

The ball is there as a bearing you need to have the flower nut in place and tight!the bucking bar will be even farther out if the flower nut is not taking up some of the tension of the shaft spring!then with the clutch arm lose not connected to cable yet place the cover and just start each bolt there will be resistance as it is now pushing against the main clutch spring as you evenly tighten the bolts!now your clutch is pre loaded and can now be set up properly with adjustment to flower nut and cable.

Hi there I am new to this forum, and not even sure where to post this, I found this thread and it seemed to be similarly to the issue I am having. I just today took the flower nut off to file the sprocket down a bit as my chain had been jumping. I also Greased the chain, and added a little to the clutch bar and on flower nut since I was in there.

I put the flower nut back on along with the small washer like piece that was in there, but now the engine just rolls a bit with not much tension, when the clutch is not engage. When I try to turn it over it spins the tire and the shaft I suppose. But it does not even act like it is turning over I don't get that sound from the motor when it is trying to turn over.

I put the flower nut on tight as I could with out thinking I would damage anything. I did this by sticking a screw driver I the sprocket at the same time ratcheted the nut down. But as was mentioned by the other individual my clutch pin, is sticking out much farther now then before. I can still get the clutch plate on and pull clutch lever. Yet the bike acts as though the clutch is already engage a little by not having much resistance when trying to roll.

I am not sure what I should be doing that I am not..

You need to have your clutch pulled in while you tighten the flower nut down a little, you want to it be as tight as possible without actually catching on the clutch pads with the clutch pulled in. Once you have that setting where it needs to be you can release the clutch and it should be tight enough to roll the motor over.

And if I understand your syntax correctly, you are swapping engaged with disengaged, engaged means the back wheel is hooked up to the motor, disengaged is when the wheel spins freely from the motor.

Ok let me see if I have this correctly. While I tighten down the flower nut (which is the small sprocket) I need to have the clutch engaged. Is this correct? (I guess I did not know the correct way to state if clutch handle is pulled in. ) if this is what needs to be done.

so how can I engage the clutch with the clutch plate off and the pin out. As I have a socket over the nut tighting down the flower nut? I also noticed as was stated in a previous post that my clutch (pin ) I guess it is called the little metal bar that the clutch arm pushes on when assembled, well that part is now sticking out farther then it was before I disassembled the sprocket. Before it almost sat flush with the whole it was in, a little out .

Maybe I am not understanding you correctly please tell me

It sounds like I am not tightening down the flower nut enough, yet I am jamming a screw driver between the sprocket shaft while I torque the nut down with a ratchet.

Thanks for your input

Ok let me see if I have this correctly. While I tighten down the flower nut (which is the small sprocket) I need to have the clutch engaged. Is this correct? (I guess I did not know the correct way to state if clutch handle is pulled in. ) if this is what needs to be done.

so how can I engage the clutch with the clutch plate off and the pin out. As I have a socket over the nut tighting down the flower nut? I also noticed as was stated in a previous post that my clutch (pin ) I guess it is called the little metal bar that the clutch arm pushes on when assembled, well that part is now sticking out farther then it was before I disassembled the sprocket. Before it almost sat flush with the whole it was in, a little out .

It sounds like I am not tightening down the flower nut enough, yet I am jamming a screw driver between the sprocket shaft while I torque the nut down with a ratchet.

Thanks for your input

No. You've just confused Frankenstein by getting the names of parts wrong so he was advising you about a job you're not actually doing.

I think maybe you lost the woodruff key from under your drive sprocket.

Thanks for your input

Ok now I think I know what you are talking about, I just watched a YouTube video on it. I was referring to the drive sprocket not the flower nut. I have not done anything on the other side of engine for clutch adjustment. In the video it states the clutch in disengage when I am pulling clutch arm, allowing me to pedal. Engage is when the wheel does not move freely.

Anyway everything else I mentioned above is what I have done, just the drive sprocket was taken off. Do I now need to do some adjustment so that the clutch will be engage properly again?

All I have messed with is the drive sprocket taking it off and putting it back on and now am encountering the issues mentioned.

No. You've just confused Frankenstein by getting the names of parts wrong so he was advising you about a job you're not actually doing.

I think maybe you lost the woodruff key from under your drive sprocket.
Frankenstein is perpetually confused, only sometimes proper grammar and non-blurry photos tends to make the squiggly lines easier to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back