Bike Bug "Clone" DIY

What size wheels are those? 29ers? Scary lookin setup but way cool.

Scary? No way :cool:

If i remember the rear wheel is slightly larger, old 26 1/4 size (schwinn s6?), front is 26 3/8 I think. The rear tire is the old groove tread style kenda (seems like about the only tire you can get in that size now-a-days), the front is a more "modern" style kenda which suits the friction drive application well.

It actually handles very nice, the motor is fairly light, there is some added inertia and it's front heavy but that's about it. The wheels feel very sturdy, must be that good old steel in the rims. The frame has some flex but that's just the way the bike is, not sure if this would be a "middleweight" or what. It doesn't go fast enough for rigidity to be of any concern :D

An update on the bearing I have been waiting for......well, I'm STILL waiting, I couldn't get one through a local supplier ("odd" size they say, BAH! ebay's full of them!), so I ordered 3 from california and am waiting for the to show up.

I think I also have a nice gas tank, friend gave me a old "acme" 8hp 2xx cc engine (italian, I think they now make kohler's) that does not run (think the coil is bad, good luck buying one the company was bought out 25 years ago....does any one have one kicking around? They came on italian rototillers etc.....) with a steel gas tank and one more same gas tank. It's rather large but I think I may be able to rig it on the handlebars. The tanks are blue , I might not even have to paint :geek:

Back