Big Problem - clutch

Ok so are you talking about a 2 stroke? Like a 48cc or a 70cc ???
If So, are you saying the (chain drive sprocket Cover) won't go on because the small pin that disengages the clutch is in the way????

When you're putting that cover back on have you got the clutch arm in the correct position?? It's not swung right around.

Any pointers? Im really stumped. I havent ridden in it weeks. To give you a prelude of what happened up to this, I had about 70 miles on it and then the key sheared. Took the gearbox apart, put it back together, now I have this problem. Sorry to pester, I am getting really frustrated.

Thanks in advance

What did you do to take the gearbox apart? I would take the clutch rod out then take a magnet and pull the ball out and make sure they are ok. Then take the clutch plate, on the other side off again and make sure you put it in properly.

The ball and rod are fine. I will upload a pic of everything in a few minutes in case their is any visible trouble with the way i reinstalled everything that people more experieced than myself can point out.

THanks

Here are the pics, Oh and by take apart the gear box i only mean taking off the small gear and putting a new woodruff key on it, but I also fooled around with the large gear but I never did anything serious to it.
With Clutch Cover off..
The farthest the bolt will go in..
Clutch cover on..(I know that the set screw isnt in there, but it isnt missing I do stilll have it just havent put it on since i took everything apart)

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• DSC01281.jpg
    DSC01281.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC01280.jpg
    DSC01280.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 265
  • DSC01279.jpg
    DSC01279.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 261
Jon you sent me a PM about the shaft going too far in...

Hey finally got right key but the clutch wont engage. The peg is too far down in its slot so when you pull the clutch cable the clutch arm just swings freely with no resistance. So now yet again im stumped haha.

I told you the ball was probably missing. Did you find the ball, or get another?

Put the clutch plate back on, tighten the star nut up half way, and see if the rod fits. I believe that the rod that the star nut screws onto is spring loaded and when the nut is on the shaft is pulled outward allowing more room for the ball and rod on the other side.

Back