Basket to cover engine.

@Cavity can you post links to where you bought the basket and the trunk bag? I live in Albuquerque, lots and lots of bike/car/motorcycle thefts, and concealing my engine will help tremendously. Currently, I am just wrapping my gx50 up with a bag and bungees when parked, but your solution is much more elegant and will save me a lot of time.

@Cavity can you post links to where you bought the basket and the trunk bag? I live in Albuquerque, lots and lots of bike/car/motorcycle thefts, and concealing my engine will help tremendously. Currently, I am just wrapping my gx50 up with a bag and bungees when parked, but your solution is much more elegant and will save me a lot of time.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thank you so much, this is going to really help me out. One more question... I see in your recent pictures you have a bag with a zipper on the basket for easy access to the pull start area on your gx50 mountain bike. What bag did you use for that zipper?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thank you so much, this is going to really help me out. One more question... I see in your recent pictures you have a bag with a zipper on the basket for easy access to the pull start area on your gx50 mountain bike. What bag did you use for that zipper?
No worries, glad to help.👍
Not sure about your Q.....Can you show me which picture you're referring to?

Screen Shot 2022-08-29 at 10.15.39 PM.png
The bag that was used to cover the pull start on the basket for easy access. Im assuming that's why you put a bag on the basket? or is there a different reason? thanks again @Cavity

Right.
So the bag is basically just a facade.
I carefully cut a pannier off the side of a trunk bag and just zip tied it to the side of the basket.
Reason?
Only to make the whole setup more stealthy(and to add a bit of safety with the large vertical reflector.)
Abso-lutely no one has a clue there's a 50cc engine attached to this bicycle when I'm riding.....except maybe pedestrians when they hear the GX-50, then you can literally see the bewilderment on their faces, wondering what the hell they are looking at🤔, and where the engine noise is coming from.👍🤣🤣
Actually, sometimes I get asked if it's an Ebike, because people think there's a battery in my frame bag.

Right.
So the bag is basically just a facade.
I carefully cut a pannier off the side of a trunk bag and just zip tied it to the side of the basket.
Reason?
Only to make the whole setup more stealthy(and to add a bit of safety with the large vertical reflector.)
Abso-lutely no one has a clue there's a 50cc engine attached to this bicycle when I'm riding.....except maybe pedestrians when they hear the GX-50, then you can literally see the bewilderment on their faces, wondering what the hell they are looking at🤔, and where the engine noise is coming from.👍🤣🤣
Actually, sometimes I get asked if it's an Ebike, because people think there's a battery in my frame bag.
I've had people ask if its electric too.. while its running and spewing smoke... haha

I've had people ask if its electric too.. while its running and spewing smoke... haha

Maybe they think that's a generator to charge the battery for an E Bike :ROFLMAO:

I know people can be silly without thinking
I've had people ask me if my Whizzer M/B is electric
I say Yes, it makes electricity when I start the engine to operate the lights LOL :LOL:
DSCF7047.JPG

DSCF7476.JPG

Back