anything to say about 32cc Tanaka PureFire? good or bad

Tanakas are bullit proof, just ask any commercial landscaping equipment mechanic.

Yea and they start sooo easy, prob. the best small 2 stroke I have ever seen..
Iam so impressed that in the future I might get a Tanaka weed eater and chain saw.
I just bought a new RYOBI weed eater and that darn thing is hard to start.
my last ryobi the 720R was much better...I guess they dont make em like they used to.

Great advice guys. I’m not sure if your using the same setup Bam as the one in the jpegs its basically the setup I’m using. I find however rather than using the strap over the wheel I ran a strap from the gebe rack leg to a section of the rear bike fork. I’m not using the correct terminology but I'll send some photos if you’re interested. Many advantages for me doing it this way. Its much tighter and solid set up, plenty of room to put a rack or even a seat (I have something designed that doubles as a seat and a rack being fabricated) Somehow when police see the engine mounted in frame they see a motorcycle or moped before they see bicycle. With the engine in the rear I never ever got stopped in the city. It’s all psychological and considering the gebe is faster than anything else I've seen on a bicycle.

TANAKA 33 test case and tip:

Gene and Dwight are retirees, and they ordered 2 bikes, a grey and a gold Sun Comfort Rover 21 speed.

I had one engine on hand, I put it on Gene's bike, and Dwight's arrived a week later. So Gene's engine had a 100+ mile head start.

They put on identical speedometers, the 100 mile headstart still shows on both odometer readings. Gene's bike is ALWAYS a tad faster, always gets a tiny bit better mileage. Both are getting stronger, but I told Dwight to sneak off and make up for the imbalance.

If you will do the following, your bike engine will do the same:

Use 89 name brand gas and good oil. (Amoco 89 is my fav).

Crank it up, take a very short run to make sure nothing is loose.

Then take a 10 minute run, stop for 10 minutes and repeat. 10 on, 10 off.

Don't hold it at full throttle very often on that first tank.

You look down the road, run the throttle at 1/2 until you reach the oak tree, then up it a little, 3/4 till you pass the red mailbox, 1/3 to the Moore's driveway etc etc etc. Keep picking targets and varying that speed. No steady speed over 20-30 seconds.

It won't take long to get the hang of it, up a little, down a bit on the engine. Start popping it up to wide open every now and then.

Hold back on the wide open throttle for long distances, however, until you get at least 100 miles on that piston/cylinder combo, else you will get in a rut, and NEVER catch Gene and Dwight.

Bama...

I've read a bunch of your posts in the time I was here and I like the way you think! You remind me alot of myself in being very calculated!

Much respect for you and ride safely...

Thanks Bama I don't know how else I'd get by although I can say my thinking has gotten me into as much trouble in my life. Anyway I got my rig togeather. The Tanaka out of the box got me up to 32 mph before I pulled back, did'nt want to push it on my first tank. Next thing is an alarm. Im looking into setting up an mc pager alarm the ones I've seen are big and bulky. I'm rigging up some MR16 lights or 11's with a 14v battery should be plenty to juice to run things. I'll let you know how its going. Is it possiable to drop a line to you directly.

Back