Adding forced air cooling

MinimumVK

Local time
12:41 PM
Hi! So here it gets quite hot (36*C ) and was wondering on how to keep my motor cooler. I thought about modifying the clutch cover, mounting a little fan to the clutch plate and making a metal shroud to guide the airflow around the cylinder. Some pictures are below.
Another idea for cooling came to mind: A little 6/12v electric fan powered by a dynamo/battery that powers your lights. Im currently getting some stuff to put a 12v battery (made from "junk" cells that i get from work), make a connector to charge them and a voltage regulator. Through that it would power my lights, blinkers, horn and maybe a fan to cool down the engine. What do you guys think about this? The electric fan method would in my opinion be easier to make but less effective.

Attachments

• Cooling3.jpg
    Cooling3.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Cooling1.jpg
    Cooling1.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Cooling2.jpg
    Cooling2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 72
  • Cooling4.jpg
    Cooling4.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 75
This is what I came up with. Tests shows it keeps your the head 50° cooler

If you run it off of the clutch you could have forced air cooling without the electrical system. Or even mount an alternator and have it power the lights directly rather than through a dynamo hub or bottle dynamo.

This is what I came up with. Tests shows it keeps your the head 50° cooler

You beat me to it 😆.

@Wrench mounted an electric cooling fan to his whizzer, I'm not sure how well it would work on a 2 stroke tho

Im no engineer but hypothetically a fan with magnets on it could be used as the rotor of an alternator and the stator could be integrated into the cover but that changes paths for air flow.

personally I wouldnt try to enclose your cylinder to direct forced air the cylinder will actually get hotter. The natural air that passes when riding would cool it off better than the fan

Hi! So here it gets quite hot (36*C ) and was wondering on how to keep my motor cooler. I thought about modifying the clutch cover, mounting a little fan to the clutch plate and making a metal shroud to guide the airflow around the cylinder. Some pictures are below.
Another idea for cooling came to mind: A little 6/12v electric fan powered by a dynamo/battery that powers your lights. Im currently getting some stuff to put a 12v battery (made from "junk" cells that i get from work), make a connector to charge them and a voltage regulator. Through that it would power my lights, blinkers, horn and maybe a fan to cool down the engine. What do you guys think about this? The electric fan method would in my opinion be easier to make but less effective.
trust me I know what hot is too. I live in Texas and its 108°F at the moment. The wind will give you a sun tan.lol

Back