A little avenger 85

Got some engineers drawings or is it all cnc? I got access to the community college's machine shop while a student. They have a pretty stout machining program 3 axis mills, a couple 5 axis mills. Cnc lathes. Must be 10 or so full sized southbend lathes and 15 bridge ports. Not to mention 3 or 4 surface grinders. Even had bar stock feeders for the cnc lathes but some dope sold it off for a couple hundred. A clapped out machine would have easily cost 15 grand.
All Cnc.

Sounds right. I love PLC programming, I'm good with the traditional programming used with the industrial robots but that cnc stuff is all in one ear out the other. I got too many other projects on the back burner already though. Any design changes? If I remember right the clutch was funny.

Sounds right. I love PLC programming, I'm good with the traditional programming used with the industrial robots but that cnc stuff is all in one ear out the other. I got too many other projects on the back burner already though. Any design changes? If I remember right the clutch was funny.
For the first batch no. The second gen which comes out next year is a more refined version. This first gen is a direct copy. The 2nd gen is a yd based version with room for a drive gear cover. No transfers or studs holes milled so y’all can have fun make your hybrids.

Been busy. Decided that why stick with a stock case. I’ve swapped to a Ken Cnc case. Takes a am6 reed and is case reed. Slapped in some dominant saw 6202 ceramic bearings, a wiesco rm65 wrist pin bearing, a hyway piston with a caber ring and a titanium wrist pin. And yes I know it’s gonna blow up in less than 50 miles.
Pipe is a Ktm85 fmf fatty. Carb is a stage6 r/t 24mm. Fuel is 100 octane mixed with 3 oz blendzall gold, 12 oz of klotz nitro and a glug of ippon strawberry scented oil.
View attachment 208452View attachment 208453View attachment 208454
I've always wanted to try a hybrid bearing, or a Silicon Nitride full ceramic bearing in an engine build. The cost tends to make me change my mind. I know those Dominant bearings are $40 a pop, and the FASNA Silicon Nitride ceramics I was looking at are almost twice that a piece.

I've always wanted to try a hybrid bearing, or a Silicon Nitride full ceramic bearing in an engine build. The cost tends to make me change my mind. I know those Dominant bearings are $40 a pop, and the FASNA Silicon Nitride ceramics I was looking at are almost twice that a piece.
They’re smooth. Very smooth.they were a problem to install in the Cnc case.

Back