80cc, Engine Starts, won't accelerate.

McRock

Local time
5:39 AM
Bought this bike on Facebook not too long ago, guy told me he ran it the night before. Checked the oil, filled up the gas, pull to start, engine starts. When on the kickstand, back wheel will spin and spin, but when on the ground will not accelerate whatsoever. I have to pedal hard to get it to a good speed, and I would have to pedal to keep it going. Any ideas?

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230720_203627_Facebook[1].jpg
    SmartSelect_20230720_203627_Facebook[1].jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 88
It sounds like your reduction is too high. If I assume right then that's a lifan stationary engine turning at a max of 3600 with a 1 to 1 crank to pto ratio. Gonna need a big reduction, ten to one at least.

Bought this bike on Facebook not too long ago, guy told me he ran it the night before. Checked the oil, filled up the gas, pull to start, engine starts. When on the kickstand, back wheel will spin and spin, but when on the ground will not accelerate whatsoever. I have to pedal hard to get it to a good speed, and I would have to pedal to keep it going. Any ideas?
Post a picture of the other side of your bike, count the number of teeth on two sprockets that the chain runs on, we need both to help.

Back