79cc Predator Questions

I just looked and didn't see a yellow wire on mine. Only the wire to the on-off switch. Is it behind the fan shroud? I think this feature is not on a 79cc motor. Also, on all the videos on removing the governor I have never seen the plastic float assembly inside the motor. I guess I could always see if it will start without any oil. LMAO
I guess they probably don't. Check it for spark without oil in it. If it sparks then it doesn't have a low oil shutoff. It probably just has the same manual for all of the predator engines other than specks.

I suggest you pull it all apart and remove it and the governor all the way. Spinning at higher rpms the rod can hit the sensor, that's whay they are often removed
I did completely remove the governor. Lots of kart guys just disconnect the wire and aren’t having issues with the rod hitting it. The rod spins at a fixed distance to the crankshaft. I’ve installed a rev limiting ignition coil, which won’t allow the revs to go over 5k. I seriously doubt I’m worried about the rod hitting the sensor at 5k.

Since your motor is mounted differently than normal it might be beneficial to remove sensor so it will hold more oil.
I dont think he means it hitting oil sensor I think he means gov arm that pushes on it when the motor is running
Oh I already removed the governor arm and gear. I don’t think the engine needs to hold more oil because it’s mounted differently, and even if it does, there’s plenty of room to add more, even with the sensor in it.

If the oil sensor is not covered in oil it wont start either. Even if you tilt it a little bit it will stall
I have the 79 and 212 mounted on trikes which always sit level and just turning a corner at 5 mph would make them stall even the arch in the road would do it to in other words they SUCK and will cause you grief but thats a choice you have to make. Maybe just unplug it?

If the oil sensor is not covered in oil it wont start either. Even if you tilt it a little bit it will stall
I have the 79 and 212 mounted on trikes which always sit level and just turning a corner at 5 mph would make them stall even the arch in the road would do it to in other words they SUCK and will cause you grief but thats a choice you have to make. Maybe just unplug it?
The oil sensor wire is not connected to my killswitch. In fact, my killswitch wire is going to my handlebar controls instead. Unless the oil sensor wire is connected to the ignition circuit, it can’t affect the starting or stopping of the engine.

So does the 79cc have one?
The oil sensor wire is not connected to my killswitch. In fact, my killswitch wire is going to my handlebar controls instead. Unless the oil sensor wire is connected to the ignition circuit, it can’t affect the starting or stopping of the engine.
It generally goes to the coil directly

Back