79cc Predator Questions

My 79 had an oil sensor in it, I believe its just the yellow wire sticking out of case and I have seen peeps on youtube just cut it off. I took motors apart and tapped then bolted all holes The oil sensor hole is a big mofo

This is the way I did it and its the same way its done in the 79 and 212 it shows oil sensor removal to

Ok, I haven't examined it closely, just clipped it on my mini bike
Yeah, idk how it’s setup on other engines, haven’t seen the Honda or Tilly motors, but on the predator, it’s just one wire coming out of the engine, connected to the low oil shutoff switch, which is mounted outside the engine, and the wire from the shutoff switch connects to the stock killswitch. I removed the low oil shutoff switch, as others have done, and capped the low oil sensor wire coming out of the engine with shrink tubing. Most guys just cut the wire, but I didn’t want to take the chance of it grounding out, even though it’s not going to do anything since it’s not connected to anything else. I just didn’t feel like trying to find a bolt to plug the hole. I already plugged the hole for the governor arm and I’m hoping that seals properly. I might cover the top of the bolt with some epoxy putty or gasket maker just to be safe. But I figured it’s safer to keep the hole with the sensor wire the way it is, since I already know it’s tightly sealed.

Hey Michael, don't sweat it. The sister engine I have to yours has no oil in it and still sparks and the only kill wire I see goes from the switch to the coil.

I figured as much Gordy. There might have been a production update at some point after our engines were built, who knows. I'm not going to open up the case untill I remove the governor some day at which time I'll have to caugh up $165 for a billet flywheel. Have you checked the price of a case gasket. Wow!

I figured as much Gordy. There might have been a production update at some point after our engines were built, who knows. I'm not going to open up the case untill I remove the governor some day at which time I'll have to caugh up $165 for a billet flywheel. Have you checked the price of a case gasket. Wow!
Yeah, case gaskets.are kinda ridiculous. I really try to save the gaskets. If you can get them out without tearing them you can soak them in marvels mystery oil and they puff back up and reseal nicely.

Back