300 LB Rider want an engine that can be removed easily HELP.

This is true. Any vendor that needs to spam so much to sell a kit should be avoided. If the kit was good enough then there would actually be people on the forum talking about it other than the same spammer under different account names all the time.

So true ya know when i first met Paul (doitallpauls) he got a 4 stroke kit from BGF not a friction drive kit but he could not get it to start.Before I posted this I ask Paul first.
bumblebee I call him blunderbi+ch did not try to help Paul get his new engine up and running like any good member would of done he had him convinced to through it away eat the $330.00 he paid for it and go with a 2 stroke blunderbi+ch friction drive kit .
I PM Paul just in time to save him from that big mastake and to let me help him before he buys another kit.
We now are out riding .
I went over to his house and fixed it with in 3 hours at a cost of I thank $35.00 for parts but better than $330
So I agree stay away from blunderbi+ch

If the kit was good enough then there would actually be people on the forum talking about it other than the same spammer under different account names all the time.

One thing i started to notice was that only the spammer would be talking up the Bumblebee product and no one else.
Those who purchased the Bumblebee kit (on the spammers advise) were sorely disappointed with it' performance and poor design and sub standard quality.

For the spammer to say that the engines are first class quality and made in Japan when they are actually made in China and low grade junk is shockingly deceitful.

Thanks everyone...I will stay away from Bumblebee, I know NOTHING about engines and motors let alone anything about putting them on a bike, yet a month or two ago when I saw their stuff something was telling me to stear clear. So I appreciate the headsup.
Fabian I checked out your stuff VERY cool. Looks fun. I dont need to haul quite that much though, lol. Although at some point adding on a trailer would be fun.
So, what is the best Friction Set up out there that has a reasonable price attached? The Shuttlebuddy looks cool but NOT in my price range.

From what i understand, there are some well engineered friction drive kits.
Unfortunately i am not knowledgeable about those types of drive systems to offer any well researched advise. Hopefully there are other forum members who can offer their knowledge and know-how when it comes to friction drive systems.

I'm also a big rider (A former college DT who's at 325 pounds.) From my experience, Staton FDs are first rate. I haven't used Dimension Edge, but they are also reputed to be a solid system.

Both these two manufacturers supply top-quality engines with their kits.

Take a look at the two review threads, below, to get an idea as to how folks have fared when working with the two vendors.

Dimension Edge Reviews
Staton-Inc Reviews

Last edited:
Back