26 Inch Tires

Apple

Local time
7:44 AM
I have a mountain bike with 26 inch tires, what would the best roller size be? I was planning on using a bike peg, but I want optimal speed, so... if someone could help me out with that... I would greatly appreciate it

I have a mountain bike with 26 inch tires, what would the best roller size be? I was planning on using a bike peg, but I want optimal speed, so... if someone could help me out with that... I would greatly appreciate it
Wheel size is irrelevant for friction drive gearing.
a 16" wheel is the same as a 29" wheel.
You give no info.
Engine size and max rpm's?
Your weight?
Hills or flat riding?

Wheel size is irrelevant for friction drive gearing.
a 16" wheel is the same as a 29" wheel.
You give no info.
Engine size and max rpm's?
Your weight?
Hills or flat riding?
Sorry mate, I am brand new to this. I am about 159 pounds, the engine is off of an old weedeater, 25cc, idk max RPM. I am gonna be riding around mostly flat areas.

Sorry mate, I am brand new to this. I am about 159 pounds, the engine is off of an old weedeater, 25cc, idk max RPM. I am gonna be riding around mostly flat areas.
25cc engine would need a small roller under 1" - 25 mm diameter.

Usually kids use bmx pegs which seem to work fine maybe a smaller diameter one would work. I was also thinking about building a friction bike with a 31cc ryobi. The key isn't to use a smooth socket because it has no grip but i'm no expert on gear ratios and especially friction drive.

Alright, thanks for the input mates, what would be the best way to mount a roller? I am kinda at a loss for how I would do that.

Sometimes if there’s threads on the shaft a bmx peg will be similar threads. The bmx peg will thread on my ryobi but the pitch is slightly different. Do you have a picture and the model #?

A model number on the engine? If that is what you mean, it is a BL110 trimmer. 25cc, and the bike peg doesn't thread on.

Does the shaft have some type of threads? If there’s a centrifugal clutch you could weld the clutch hub to your roller. Ok I see what the hub looks like it has 2 metal sections that lock on the shoes. You could weld a thick washer on top the clutch hub then weld your roller on. If you use the original clutch hub it should thread on fine. Don’t make the roller too long or it could mess up the bearing want as little distance from the motor to the wheel. You’ll have to make some sort of bracket out of steel that mounts where the plastic clutch guard was.

Last edited:
Back