Wrist pin fit

Local time
1:46 AM
My father was a machinist and he was the major contributor to my mechanical knowledge. I recall him talking about (and have worked with)two types of wrist pin fit types, ie. Slip fit and press fit. I've ordered and received two china girl pistons with wrist pins and they both seem to be a new type...loose fit. Not really loose, but perceptible. Certainly not a nice slip fit. What are y'all's experiences with these pistons and pins?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Welcome to the wonderful world of "Chinesium" and the 12 year old quality control "experts" that slave away making engines and parts that are just "good enough" for export to the U.S...lol...lol.

sg15SHU.png

Chinese communists are the opposite of the Russian communists. Building Russian bikes, almost everything was an interference fit!
Thats because the Russkies are much more anal retentive than the Chinese...lol...Just look at Putins face in pics and videos, ya just gotta know he is painfully holding onto something causing anal retention distress...lol....lol.

I haven't yet ordered a true "china doll" engine. I only have experience with the higher end engines. Maybe I should buy a cheap @$$ engine just to have the experience.

I got lucky with my first engine, an eBay bargain kit with a flying horse 66cc, all in one head/cylinder. It's still running, got it back on the bike whilst I go through the other two that bought the farm.

These engines are definitely on the "loose" side of tolerances. The most reliable bike engine I have had to date had about 7000 miles on it when I sold it. I went through it and built it up from scratch and put my own bearings in it and they were all on the looser side of things

Needle bearing wrist pins also tend to be on the loose side when compared to a typical slip fit bushing that most car engines use.

Back