Winter Riders

CENTURION

Local time
9:13 AM
For you snowbound members, anyone riding the snow yet? Decided to give my legs a rest from the fat bike, and break out a powered bike. My little 36 V e-mountain bike did pretty well, has 2.4" tires, I aired them down and the thing handles the snow quite well. The way the power gets applied gradually to the motor is almost like traction control, on low power settings I could easily go through 5" snow.

Attachments

• SNOWRIDE.jpg
    SNOWRIDE.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 32
Riding here in the snow opens up a whole new opportunity, hardly a person on the trails, the scenery is great, and it's so nice to get out of the house in the fresh air. It's supposed to get to 30° F this weekend with sun (that will be a heatwave). When I ride in the 98% humidity in July, I always wish I had a breath of that winter crisp air.

For you snowbound members, anyone riding the snow yet? Decided to give my legs a rest from the fat bike, and break out a powered bike. My little 36 V e-mountain bike did pretty well, has 2.4" tires, I aired them down and the thing handles the snow quite well. The way the power gets applied gradually to the motor is almost like traction control, on low power settings I could easily go through 5" snow.
Maybe on Friday I'll get the sled out.

Back in the 1970's snowmobiles used to be very big around here, a couple of larger local parks allowed riding (even at night), it was a blast, a real 2 stroke scene for sure. I had a little 2 cylinder Bravo I would ride the crap out of for 3-4 months every year.
Those are great little machines, kinda compares to the old 433. There is a guy here local that has a 250 single Bravo for sale, he wants like 4k for it.

Back