Why can't 4 strokes have shift kits

Sent them a message to see if it might work on my 29er. I like what I see though. Thanks for the link. Once I get it operational I'll post some pictures. Nothing fancy like your bike, mainly utilitarian design.

Oh mine can be pretty, but it's quite utilitarian itself. I usually run a Topeak Explorer rack with a pair of Wald folding baskets. Trunk + pannier over em:

attachment.php

I think the Crow Cycles tall center stand I posted will work fine for your 29er. It's got a lot of adjustment in it.

What kind of trees are those in your picture with your panniers on your bike? They look like an orchard of some type.

Them bes MAB trees. That's where all MAB parts are picked from.

Backpacking through the Ozark forests I have come across old abandoned homesteads that have walnut trees on them but these are very tall trees.

I received my center mount from Crow and have it mounted. Looks like it will work fine. Off road it seriously degrades my ground clearance but I doubt I'll do much of that. Still trying to work out my rear engine mount. My kit had the wrong pedal axle bearings in it so I'm waiting on them so I can install the axle kit. I have to have it installed first so I can align my rear mount in line with the pedal axle. Patience is a virtue and as I get older I seem to do better with it. Raising 2 sons helped! Plus 20 years as a Boy Scout leader didn't hurt either.

Hey 2old, sounds like you needed a bottom bracket adapter, so you can run 3-piece cranks.

It's almost always worth the wait when you get boxes with weight :D

I was Troop 318 in the '80's. If you need any help with installation, PM me.

I really don't understand how with the years put into research and development of motorized bicycles how come no one has come up with a shift kit for the 4 stroke engine, I do understand that their is a clearance issue but a shift kit could help with speed, climbing hills and while some people would say go to a 2 stroke, I had a 2 stroke and that thing was a lot more trouble then it was worth to me and after a good 30 mins of riding it would vibrate so bad I couldn't sit while accelerating unlike the 4 stroke where I can go full on and sit somewhat comfortably. I need a shift kit for speed but I need a 4 stroke so I'm not standing all the time, there's always an option but i'm just not seeing it.
Hi I have one up with a solution I am persueing currently the answer I believe is an internal centerfugal hub automatic 3 speed shifter

Back