what sorta upgrades next????

I’d start with some front brakes first. There’s no way you can stop good enough going any faster speeds.Then you can get more performance mods.Safety first always. Expansion chamber (1)nasty jack ,(2) mz65. Those are the two best for the money and easiest to install.. There’s other good ones too. Port matching and porting cylinder is the right with pipe, jetting. There’s more but that’s a good start.
what about one single rear disc brake? would that be sufficient enough? i did do the port matching already . as far as carbs go, which is the best carb all round wise or even performance wise? i don’t know the brand of motor and only guessing it’s 80cc

what about one single rear disc brake? would that be sufficient enough? i did do the port matching already . as far as carbs go, which is the best carb all round wise or even performance wise? i don’t know the brand of motor and only guessing it’s 80cc
No, you need a strong front brake.

although that’s a great suggestion, i could never do saddle bags, as i never really go all that far from home, flat tire kit is needed
As you start enjoying the ride the farther away from home you'll go, exploring is in our blood :LOL:
Tool bag is all you need

although that’s a great suggestion, i could never do saddle bags, as i never really go all that far from home, flat tire kit is needed
I run bags and I only ride in about a 2 mile radius, sometimes 5 mile radius. They work great for putting soda cans in when I go to the soda machine. I'll get sodas and just drop them off at my friend's houses for them.
BoFeng carbs are pretty good for a mostly stock, or even performance engine. And most 80cc engines are actually 66cc. You'll want a good front brake at minimum, and delete the coaster brake. I find that rim brakes work just fine if you aren't constantly riding as fast as possible between stops.

The front brake is really most of your stopping power. I said most not all. The guys on here know the best about safety which is the number 1 thing on these in my eyes.The ground is dam hard either grass or asphalt. I’d rather not hit it. The coaster brake if you use them it’s a accident waiting to happen. Another if you use fenders like the tin one’s make them really secure . Plastic are better. Still brace them good. Loctite all bolts medium strength thread locker. Then mods porting, good pipe.and jetting. There’s a lot of stuff you can do other then just make motor faster or better performance. Head light and tail lights should be a must if riding at night. My city will ticket you if you don’t have light of some sort. My buddy just got a ticket for talking on phone riding with one hand it was around 150 or more not for sure the total. Ride responsible . Be safe

The front brake is really most of your stopping power. I said most not all. The guys on here know the best about safety which is the number 1 thing on these in my eyes.The ground is dam hard either grass or asphalt. I’d rather not hit it. The coaster brake if you use them it’s a accident waiting to happen. Another if you use fenders like the tin one’s make them really secure . Plastic are better. Still brace them good. Loctite all bolts medium strength thread locker. Then mods porting, good pipe.and jetting. There’s a lot of stuff you can do other then just make motor faster or better performance. Head light and tail lights should be a must if riding at night. My city will ticket you if you don’t have light of some sort. My buddy just got a ticket for talking on phone riding with one hand it was around 150 or more not for sure the total. Ride responsible . Be safe
I've had accidents on my bike related to coaster brakes and fenders, remove the brake and fenders or brace the fenders. I am lucky only my bike got damaged in those accidents, not someone else's property or myself.

I've had accidents on my bike related to coaster brakes and fenders, remove the brake and fenders or brace the fenders. I am lucky only my bike got damaged in those accidents, not someone else's property or myself.
Yep...As Gordy just said, don't let this happen to you because of the fenders or risk coaster brakes either seizing up on you or turn into a rolling hand grenade...lol.

Back