What is your longest trip on a 49/53 cc 4 stroke?

Pyromaniacs1

Local time
10:45 AM
I was wondering what the longest trip you guys ever had on a 49/53 cc 4 stroke. I was planning on taking a 121 mile one way trip and am wondering if anyone has ever done anything similar.

I was wondering what the longest trip you guys ever had on a 49/53 cc 4 stroke. I was planning on taking a 121 mile one way trip and am wondering if anyone has ever done anything similar.
I've rode as much as 60 miles in one day on my 33cc 4 stroke engine and had no problems doing it. If you figure a 15 mph average speed that's 4 hours of riding time. In the mountains you may be doing 45+ mph down hill and maybe 8 mph up hill. If I were on flat land 4 hours of riding time would more like a 100 miles.

I've rode as much as 60 miles in one day on my 33cc 4 stroke engine and had no problems doing it. If you figure a 15 mph average speed that's 4 hours of riding time. In the mountains you may be doing 45+ mph down hill and maybe 8 mph up hill. If I were on flat land 4 hours of riding time would more like a 100 miles.
That's pretty amazing on a 33cc 4 stroke. I'm planning on bringing tools to fix my tires/tubes, and chain so I don't get stranded. Anything else I should bring for a worst case scenario?

Gauged pump, Kwic links/master links, chain breaker, cable wire, duct tape, zip ties, cellphone, small first aid kit, water, chain oil, helmet, and mirrors. I'm sure others will have more to add.

I personally suggest doing some shorter runs and building up to the long run. Also whatever route you plan to take, do it in a car as a passenger first. This gives you the ability to observe various aspects about the route. This lowers the chance of encountering unexpected conditions related to the route.

Be sure to watch all 3 videos. Unless you have a wide debris free shoulder to ride on or the lane is 14' only then ride to the far right. If it's a standard lane 11' with a narrow shoulder then ride in the center of the lane. This is known as Lane Control. Riding to the far right in standard lanes encourages vehicles to do a squeeze by. Which makes you prone to being side swiped. The side swipe is the most common form of motorist vs cyclist accident when the motorist is at fault. The majority of the time a cyclist is struck from behind is because they suddenly pulled out in front of a motorist. This is why mirrors are a must along with at least using hand signals.

I personally wouldn't go on any long trip without having the same operating equipment as a motorcycle/moped has.

Back