Twin cylinder idea

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
3:08 AM
Is it possible? If I could get one of the 76mm flywheels and housing to bolt into one side it could bolt up to my kit and have pullstart on the other side. It would be 62cc because it’s a 31cc engine. I would of course get fresh pistons for each side but I was thinking how it could be made into 1 shaft maybe drilling a hole in the one side and welding.

I’m trying to think of how because I don’t know how to bolt it together studs wouldn’t work because you need all 4 to snug and can’t get a tool in to tighten. Also both exhaust ports would face each other and there would be little room.

Last edited:
Wonder if it would work this way. Fasteners could possibly be tightened to bolt the 2 crankcases together because the nubs. Could drill it out and notch the case for Allen bolts. Would also get rid of the issue of the exhaust being too close on the cylinders. I need a socket that’s the right size to take the flywheel nut off. Might be a special tool. There will also be a problem because there is no intake port on this type engine. It has a little reed valve and the carb bolts on the plastic crankcase cover.

Last edited:
the strongest way to combine both of the cranks is too thread both cranks put a stud in one side of the crank and wind it in with the other crank and get the right crank timing and weld it with a welder with good penetration attaching the case is another issue though if the case is metal you could just weld it if its aluminum your out of luck

Back