Thoughts on the electrical system so far?

marcelog

Local time
5:17 AM
I've been messing around with running legit turn signals, headlights, tail lights, and brake lights on my MB. In the picture shown, I have my magneto connected directly to my CDI and an AC-DC regulator which steps down the voltage from 6v AC to 5v DC. With this 5V, I'm gonna be running an Arduino to collect drive statistics & connect up headlights, taillights, and turn signals. Thoughts? Anything I should change? Anything to consider?

1702043592658.png
o

Usually you want the lights on if the engine dies at night, that's when a battery and charging system comes in handy.
Yeah, they are also way brighter. My tail lights are some trailer marker lights and are almost blinding up close.

Attachments

• 20230528_231207.jpg
    20230528_231207.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 38
Yeah, they are also way brighter. My tail lights are some trailer marker lights and are almost blinding up close.
You know, if a guy got a small Denso alternator and drive sprocket you could probably run the alt off the drive chain. Careful installation on an OCC you could use the alt as a chain tensioner.

You know, if a guy got a small Denso alternator and drive sprocket you could probably run the alt off the drive chain. Careful installation on an OCC you could use the alt as a chain tensioner.
The OCC has track style dropouts and I don't want to run a tensioner. The generator run off the chain isn't a bad idea though

Great idea! Still big at 4 1/2 but 40 amps would really light up the world.

This more what I was thinking but the wattage is very low.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back