The Whizzer "Ambassador" is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quinton - It is amazing, every time I hear from you I learn something new about the build of these bikes. I installed a PCV valve in the breather hose today. I left the brass filter out, I ran the bike all over the place and it seems to be the cats meow, no oil flinging. I was in a bad mood today and I removed the restrictor plate out of the intake all together, I just left the black insulator in front of the carb. I removed the baffle and took it out and ran the **** out of it, I felt a lot better. All the guys at the plant gave me the thumbs up when I went by, they must have been in a good mood. I was making 40 mph passes in the parking lot, this thing is starting to move out. I was wondering if this thing needed a battery for ignition, you answered my question. I am going to sneak the timer up a little more, and then get the compression up. Has anyone ever "relieved" one of these engines? That is one of the things my dad used to do to the hot rod Fords Flats. I still have one of the engines in the garage. It has a soft edge in front of the piston on the cylinder so as to keep down turbulence as the charge moved out of the combustion area. Also they relieve the area around the valves in the head, it is kind of a softening of the area leaving the gasket foot print alone. I am going to look at the valve seats I have, I need to remove the burnt on oil coming from the intake anyway and see if the PCV valve keeps the pressure down enough to keep from forcing oil up the guide. Have fun, and thanks for all the info. Dave

PS: I found something new today if you use the compression lever and turn the throttle it shoots flames out the exhaust with a loud bang. LOL, I feel a lot better now.

Attachments

• PICT0634.jpg
    PICT0634.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 782
  • PICT0635.jpg
    PICT0635.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 675
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Egor,

I wouldn't advance the timing anymore that you already have [looks about 24 degrees] because it is possible to lose the fire [magnets out of phase] if moved too far. I had several motors that I advanced the trigger plate above 25 degrees and they would stop running intermittenly. I had to make a special bracket to move the timming above 25 degrees without problems. I would also consider opening the hole and putting the restrictor plate back to help isolate the carburetor from the cylinder. On hot days the gas might boil in the carburetor due to exessive heat from the cylinder.
I have studied the concept of "relieving" the cylinder, and have tried a modified version, but extra loss in compression offset any gain. It isn't possible to cut any area around the valves because of the different metals used [stellite seats in an aluminum block]. I did try shaping the edge of the cylinder to drop off just above the top piston ring, but didn't notice any improvement. The biggest increase in power can be found in the shape of the combustion chamber in the head. Maybe a few of the members of this site can tell you the difference between the stock & modified head. I have milled & re-worked a bunch of heads for members of this site, so they would be the best source for information about the advantages. If you need pictures of the different heads, and the difference between a re-worked and stock combustion chamber, just email me at quincy163@yahoo.com and I will send picture via return email.

Have fun,
Quenton

Last edited:
Sorry but I am confused? What size is the Whizzer motor cc wise? The original ones that is as I see that the Ambassador is 138cc. Thanks in advance.

So doesn't that mean that Whizzers need to have turn signals and a brake light and be registered and the operators need a license in most states? I guess pedals are a moot point really? I don't see many of the ones on here that look like they meet those requirements, how do you get away with that? Just curious as I would like to have one someday but don't want to play the motorcycle game with it.

So doesn't that mean that Whizzers need to have turn signals and a brake light and be registered and the operators need a license in most states? I guess pedals are a moot point really? I don't see many of the ones on here that look like they meet those requirements, how do you get away with that? Just curious as I would like to have one someday but don't want to play the motorcycle game with it.

Washington State has a provision for vehicles that are neither motorcycle, nor moped. There is a classification for 'Motor Driven Cycle'.
Go to accessWA.gov. enter 'Motor Driven Cycle' in the search box and the rcw description and provisions/regulations should come up...
Rif

Soghey's

Thanks Rif, I had read that before about WA but I was wondering about other states that stick with the 49cc regs? Like OR for example which is actually 35cc?

It is disturbing how those EPAMD regs are reading on there. 2002 when this law was adopted, obviously superceding the last version, the Segway Co. was heavily involved in lobbying for themselves on all the capitol hills in the country. They dumped over a million bucks on the fire and it looks like it worked here in WA big time.....The fact that they have all the rights and duties of a pedestrian is proof of that. I don't know if any of you have ever run across these things but meeting one on a path is a pain, although they are supposed to yield to all peds and motor vehicles I haven't seen any do that yet. They are so expensive that they never became popular thank goodness. I am tolerant of many things wheeled but these never impressed me at all.

I just hope that at some point the MAB industry can hire that same agency to lobby for us! Got a cool mil around to get the bail rolling?

LOL! Segway... What an abomination... It's really frustrating, when none of the people I hired in the offices will give me the time of day. They just arbitrarily change the rules with no knowledge base, and when I Try to open a discussion with them They don't respond or listen...
Makes one want to go outlaw doesn't it?
I can't remember who said this but it brings to mind the quote: "There comes a time in every man's life when he has need to hoist the black flag and begin to slit throats..."
I don't see this as a literal, but more in a figurative sense.
When those who have been hired to run the everyday operations of this country come to the point of tyranny, then it becomes the duty of every single citizen to rise up, shout out, and tear this tyranny down; to reboot the system. Sorry went on a bit of a tangent there, but the reg.s get harder and harder each day and it's frustrating when those of us who are the affected riders are not listened to, well, it gives us pause to ponder...
Rif

Or just forge ahead with some common sense?
P1010758.JPG
If They Outlaw MAB's Only Outlaws will have MAB's

Here it is...

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

H. L. Mencken

Rif

Attachments

• pstskull.gif
    pstskull.gif
    3 KB · Views: 510
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back