Sprockets the Howard Sprocket Mount is HERE!!!- first run from CNC shop

Is this design a winner?

• Not bad for an amature, looks like it might work fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dunno- MIGHT be better than a ragmount

• What a waste of aluminum...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hub Mount.

Good work Sarge, It really does look bullet proof. Will there be different sizes for different sized hubs?
I'm with you about function over form. Sure, you could make it "pretty", But first it has to work, and work well. Once the bike gets rolling it will look round anyway. Perhaps you could simply round off the corners slightly. It might help some with the people that want form over function.
Big Red.

Looks good Sarge....
I always liked one of Richard Petty's comments about functionality.....if it don't make it go faster paint it black.

Anyway....Aluminum would be the next evolution, you might pretty it up a little by machining some grooves in it to lighten it up....I was thinking maybe some holes, but they would end up being a dirt collector...

Grooves and holes... just more machinework and cost. Trust me, it looks pretty clean once it is in place. Later productions WILL sport my name and the name of the machine shop that's knocking them out. Chris Bailey was my employer before I had my heart attack in 2007- by the time I had recovered, his machine shop had no work for me. That's when I went back into surgery for a living (scrub tech). When this idea went to paper, I knew that Chris was going to do it- he has the only C-N-C shop within two hour's drive, and he is a real booger... er... perfectionist... about quality control. He AND his whole crew are real jazzed about what I am doing- we've been discussing the carb bushing in aluminum for a bit now, it's all down to me finding the time to knock out and prove the prototype. A bit hard here lately as I've bagged the first deer of the season... with my toyota... and the landlady's being a bit of a pill about "That ugly, junked wreck parked on MY LAND..." I JUST got it running again, but I'm not sure the hood is salvagable- oh well. Three running bikes for sale, no buyers yet. All in good time- I will advise when the mounts are in and when the website is up- I will be advertising on this site as well as the other- and shamelessly plug further developments as they occur.
Still can't get over it- less than a year ago, I built my first MB. Now I'm $3,600 deep into production with my own design coming out of a machine shop- HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!? Oh well, play the ball where the monkey drops it....
the Old Sgt.

can you give us a time estimate as to when production may start on these? I'm currently shopping for one around on the internet but would much rather support your work and buy from someone im loosely(its the internet!) familiar with! the rag joint system that was isntalled on the bike i bought has totally ruined the spokes and the wheel is totally out of true, so i am going to be replacing the rim but i need an adapter prior to doing so!

To my understanding they are in production right now- as soon as I get the first payment for the manufacturing I will have some sets for sale- remember, they are for the Shiamono CB-110 coaster brake mono-speed hub as found on the Worksman, and will fit the Chinese clones of the same used by Huffy- you will need to measure your hub diameter to the thousandths of an inch- I need to re-measure to give dimentions, a bit groggy right now- just finished driveing a 1974 GMC 66 passenger bus nearly 300 miles. My motorbike has a better weight-to-horsepower ratio and this thing has no pedals!!! Spent a lot of time being passed by Vegas, Gremlins and Pintos... disgusting....
the Old Sgt.:cry:

Back