The day the training wheels came off.

J-sizzles

Local time
7:55 AM
My mom sent me some old pics and the memories come flooding back. Back in 1982 no I t shirt and flip flops were good to go for the day the training wheels came off. I've loved riding bikes from day one. These weren't motorized, except the Honda 😀

Attachments

• 00000900.jpg
    00000900.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 00000983.jpg
    00000983.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 00000898.jpg
    00000898.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 55
The facial expressions in those pics says it all. True biker…smile from ear to ear….when life is so simple.
Honda trail 50.

Honda still uses those same colors.
My buddy has a 2020 CB500 crotch rocket style bike that’s candy blue.
Awesome bike color been around for many years.

My mom sent me some old pics and the memories come flooding back. Back in 1982 no I t shirt and flip flops were good to go for the day the training wheels came off. I've loved riding bikes from day one. These weren't motorized, except the Honda 😀
Ha ha, you must have been rich. All I had was a 24" bike that I couldn't reach the ground on and no chain. My brother pushed me until I got going fast enough, as soon as he let go, I fell off. We did it again, the rest is history. I rode that bike for 2 years before I found out it was supposed to have a chain.

Ha ha, you must have been rich. All I had was a 24" bike that I couldn't reach the ground on and no chain. My brother pushed me until I got going fast enough, as soon as he let go, I fell off. We did it again, the rest is history. I rode that bike for 2 years before I found out it was supposed to have a chain.
Not rich my dad was a diesel mechanic who put in 70-80 hour weeks so we could have all the stuff he didn't growing up. Definitely comfortable as a kid because of him. I had to put in one to two hours a day for 5 bucks an hour cleaning parts and tools because although we had bikes and s**t we never got an allowance after we turned 7. We didn't have to work but earning 5-10 bucks a day as a kid in the 80s was a pretty good deal. Damn I miss that onery old f***er.

Gosh, I have always loved bikes too. The day I got training wheels off I can remember. I was riding the bike perfectly, I just wasn't paying attention to what's in front of me. I ran right into a thicket of blackberry bushes. Not very fun.

Back