Stolen in Oklahoma

OpelGT

Local time
10:01 AM
Please move to stolen/security thread. I didn’t mean to post in general questions.

It’s been a couple months now and I’ve searched everywhere for my bike, but no luck. Just though I’d post it on here in case someone sees it posted somewhere someday.

It was stolen from my porch this summer in Norman Oklahoma while I was gone. The thief cut through a very large kryptonite U lock with an angle grinder to get it...

It is a Raleigh Back Alley fixie bike. I had it for years and really miss it. I had probably $1000+ in it not counting the frame. The Brookes saddle really hurts to lose. I spent hours machining the rear sprocket to bolt on the rear wheel. So much time I’ll probably never get back.
E0965446-EAE3-4CC7-8F69-9B8630C44D1C.jpeg

74AD4D46-89FB-44AF-BAB1-76DCF417CE94.jpeg4EA54F90-B817-44B1-B4A2-A28C0B39CCD5.jpeg6D7A5FBB-69AE-424B-A495-C6EC9B33944C.jpeg

Last edited:
Nop, haven't seen it here in the Rockies.
But, I have had 3 attempts to steal mine 2 pickup trucks 1 car trunk, that I know of.

Sorry, man. I’ve had bikes stolen- including a loved motorbike- so I feel your pain.

A month ago, I was in the right place at the right time and I helped a kid get his stolen bike back. The original thief broke the lock and sold the bike to the first guy who would give him $10 for it. The kid saw the buyer riding away, yelled toward me, and I stopped the buyer if the stolen bike. He argued a lot but he never put up a fight. He was so dumb he thought he was the legitimate owner of the stolen bike!

My point is your bike was probably dumped really fast. Maybe twice. Maybe three times. Probably trashed somewhere you will never go. That’s what bike theft looks like.

Again, I am very sorry.

Timbone

I've seen it on just plain bicycle this guy starts beating this other kid in the face gives him a bloody nose accuses him that's my bike you stole it from me.

The kid replies no its not it was a birthday gift from my dad. I' ll call him he has the receipt ( bill of sale) and so he did.
When they make a bike they don't just make one they make a few thousand that all look the same.

Some guy who was fixing to thug my bike back up his pickup truck to my bike it was raining I let up a smoke I was beneath a overhang not getting wet the other guy stood out in the pouring rain, not likely unless he had something else in mind. I had a lock on the bike.
I mention that's my bike he went into a clinch fist posture guy was thinking of beating me and swiping it, I stood my ground to know karate!
Then finally he buckles goes on and on about the marvels of my bike if only had it blah, blah, blah...

Had other incidents on long lonely bike trails murder to get a free ride.

Back