Sprocket Tensioner

michael whiteman

Local time
10:39 PM

What's your feeling about using a sprocket tensioner verses a nylon roller? My thought is a sprocket will keep the chain in a more perfect alignment but the chain roller wear from the teeth is not worth the trade off.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My favorite thing to use as a roller is a skateboard wheel. It might cost a bit more upfront, but the bearings will last longer and the hard plastic wheel will last even more.

I was looking at those too. Broken skate boards a pretty eazy to find around here. I know they have really good quality beqarings. It would be easy for you to machine the width down on your lathe.

I was looking at those too. Broken skate boards a pretty eazy to find around here. I know they have really good quality beqarings. It would be easy for you to machine the width down on your lathe.
The width isn't really an issue as long as it doesn't get close to the spokes. Good bearings for skateboards are 20 bucks for a set for 4 wheels. That would give you 3 extra sets. I doubt you would go through them very fast at all.

Back