Engine Trouble someone please help front engine mount bolt broken inside

Done. Not the best looking repair but I think it will hold strong for its lifetime.
Plus added some new additions. I finally recieved an 11 guage spoke wheel from worksman after a long wait but they threw in an extra 60 spokes. I also added a manic mechanic sprocket adapter with 36t sprocket and analog speedometer. Had to switch back to the old stock muffler until I can get my long pipe properly fit again. Just ordered another RT carb. Speed test comming soon.

DSCN0202.jpgDSCN0203.jpgDSCN0205.jpgDSCN0206.jpgDSCN0207.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like it'll hold keep a eye on it for tight. I tried ductape on rear motormount it turned to goo from oil off the carb. Cool bike stand

Ok so i had both my studs for front motor mount snap off flush with the casing. I have tried drilling and using an easyout but it just wont grab. I am thinking of just re-tapping the 6mm threads to the very next size but i cant seem to find that information anywhere as to what the next size would be im thinking 1/4 inch but i could be wrong. My dad is a maintenance mechanic and is going to take the casing to his work tomorrow to attempt to get the studs out however if hes not able to get them out without damaging the threads id like to know what size thread would be next after 6mm.

the metal of these cases is crap and often gets too fatigued after a break to hold new threads - if the old studs seem to come out well, you may get good results putting in a 6x1.0 helicoil with nice steel threads, but show him the pics above with the angle iron, since that seems a better option

the metal of these cases is crap and often gets too fatigued after a break to hold new threads - if the old studs seem to come out well, you may get good results putting in a 6x1.0 helicoil with nice steel threads, but show him the pics above with the angle iron, since that seems a better option

I showed him the pics with the angle iron that is the backup plan if he can't get them out. Not going to retap the threads if he gets them out. Hopefully his 30+ years of experience will succeed and just be able to put some new bolts in but like i said before if all else fails I'll just use the angle iron method because that looks really solid.

As I'm in the same predicament with broken bolts in the motor. I did some research and came across a interesting post. Alum which can be found at the grocery store, used for pickles. Will disolve steel taps, bolts etc.

Without affecting the aluminum.
It stated you can make a dam with clay or silly putty and then put water in it and the alum and heat it. Then the offending bolt will disolve.

I would imagine it could take some time to do it but i have had 0 luck with ez outs, as the drill bit snapped in less then 5 minutes. I have grade 8 bolts 12.9

I will be trying this as i have a new kit coming but would like to keep the old motor for a spare, or if it's fixed maybe a new build.

You can weld a bolt on the broken one and then undo it. Or Cut a line in the broken bolt for a flat head screw driver to undo it

Back