Smallest RC Throttle Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi safe

Oh yeah - you are onto something great here

There exists great potential to do something very interesting: an electronic speed shifter.

I've raced motorbikes in the past and it would make for a very special and unique system of incorporating racing style speed shifter technology onto a motorised pushbike but taking it one step further and going for an electronic rapid fire gear change system.

Wide open throttle gear changes would require precisely timed and integrated servo motors on the rear derailleur, throttle and clutch.
Now we are talking about something really special and unique and also something very exclusive.

I know there will always be people on this site saying (in a winging voice) "but for that expense, why not get a proper motorbike that has an auto clutch".
I say hooey to them, they can shush it!!!

If i had the money, i'd love to build a full carbon fibre and titanium pushbike loaded with the best technology straight out of the Ducati MotoGP race team.
Yes, it might cost $50,000, but there's no-one else out there that would have one!

Fabian

Last edited:
Servos do have many applications.

In this case it's a matter of necessity because if you want cheap RC parts like an ESC you need to adapt it to the ebike throttles.

So rather than being "glorious" this circuit fits more into the "practical" and the "cheap".

You can actually buy a circuit for this problem for about $100 or so from some of the other hobbyists... this was intended to help the hobbyist that wants to do it themselves.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the R/C scene and the technology available as i have a reasonable collection of 90 and 50 sized (nitro fueled) radio controlled helicopters, with some tasty radio gear.

What you're doing though is excellent as it's a custom designed concept.

Last edited:
Well I want to be modest about it because the idea has been developed ahead of me. This was actually a big issue a year ago over on endless-sphere. Fechter (who is a regular there) created the first circuit using analog technology much like what I did. Later there was another guy that created a digital version. They are both still for sale to my knowledge so if you want to buy one they probably still have them for sale.

The idea here was to build a smaller version of the analog circuit and pull out as much as possible so that you have a simple and streamlined design. At this point all I know is that the circuit appears to work perfectly in the SPICE simulation program, but it has not actually been built and tested yet. So I'll be updating the results this spring when I build it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back