Revving while clutch pulled/Gas Mix pooling on engine...related?

Below is the spark plug that I had been using. It's the one that came with my kit. I did purchase a BR6HS Plug awhile back, but hadn't put it in the bike yet. From your pictures, it looks like it could be too Cold, or too rich? Would this mean that I'm running too much oil in the mixture, or am I misunderstanding the cold/rich/lean/etc designations? Also, if I'm working on tuning the carb, how should I go about cleaning the plug so I know what kind of effect I'm having with my configurations?

View attachment 211816
A simple brass wire brush will clean you plug nice. Rich in this case isn't referring to oil, but to air fuel ratio. Pull the needle from your carb slide and moce the c clip closer to the blunt end of the needle

Leaner - clip up moves the needle down
Richer - clip down moves the needle up

A simple brass wire brush will clean you plug nice. Rich in this case isn't referring to oil, but to air fuel ratio. Pull the needle from your carb slide and moce the c clip closer to the blunt end of the needle

That color could be in the ok range for synthetic oil

Thank you so much for spoon-feeding me. I've already learned so much from this phenomenal community. I am using a synthetic blend in my mixture. Secondly, I'd like to tweak the carb a little to at least do a litmus test compared to how it's currently riding. I'm scared to pull off the carb though due to the screws being pretty stripped. Is there a different clamp that you all would recommend? I have some lying around for a dryer vent hose, but I don't feel confident they'd hold it tight enough.

Thank you so much for spoon-feeding me. I've already learned so much from this phenomenal community. I am using a synthetic blend in my mixture. Secondly, I'd like to tweak the carb a little to at least do a litmus test compared to how it's currently riding. I'm scared to pull off the carb though due to the screws being pretty stripped. Is there a different clamp that you all would recommend? I have some lying around for a dryer vent hose, but I don't feel confident they'd hold it tight enough.
Do you have a picture of your carb? A new carb is like 12 bucks if yours in compromised. Well worth the 12 to rid yourself of the worry.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do you have a picture of your carb? A new carb is like 12 bucks if yours in compromised. Well worth the 12 to rid yourself of the worry.

It is a BoFeng, and I feel stupid I spent so much time looking for a new clamp for ~$8...

Would it be premature to also buy some new jets now too? If so, any recommendations?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It is a BoFeng, and I feel stupid I spent so much time looking for a new clamp for ~$8...

Would it be premature to also buy some new jets now too? If so, any recommendations?
Always buy jets just in case you need them, as for sizing, I'm not positive.

Some people make "gauges" by using solder wire.

Start with stock jet, adjust the needle till it's right, if you can't get it right with that, go up or down one size depending on how it currently runs.

Takes trial and error, but you'll eventually figure out how to quickly re-jet a carb.

Just be careful with the o-ring/gasket.

Back