Brakes Recommendations on rim brakes?

GW's Motorized

Local time
4:08 AM
My bike chews through brake pads. I've even tried the more expensive, "better stopping power" pads I can get locally.

I went to amazon and started looking, but there are so many different options I don't know what I should get. I guess there are pads specific to aluminum rims and carbon rims, should I stay away from these for steel rims?

Any recommendations on brake pads would be appreciated.

P.S I'm using my computer that doesn't have any sort of auto correction so sorry if the spelling is horrible, I'm really trying to spell words correctly :ROFLMAO:

P.S I'm using my computer that doesn't have any sort of auto correction so sorry if the spelling is horrible, I'm really trying to spell words correctly :ROFLMAO:
It's actually all spelled correctly this time...lol...lol...So much for auto-correct...lol.

@Sidewinder Jerry will be able to tell you what brake pads you will need for your bike...Wait for his answer.

Don't cheap out on the pads, stick with a brand name. Like you said get the type for your rim metal. There's the really good ones that they say last a long time, they are made of hard material and will eat through your aluminum rim faster. The softer ones don't last as long but your rim will last longer. I prefer the softer material ones. Brake pads are cheaper than rims. The softer ones in my opinion stop better than say the ceramic hard types. 1 other thing, order carefully that the pads your ordering fit your brakes. Some may look similar but be just a tad different in design. From the install bolt to length. I've ordered a couple and they were wrong ones, end up just being xmas ornaments because it's not worth the cost of shipping back. Here's the pair I'd buy if needed. I have Shimano brakes.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It's actually all spelled correctly this time...lol...lol...So much for auto-correct...lol.

@Sidewinder Jerry will be able to tell you what brake pads you will need for your bike...Wait for his answer.
I've always liked Kool Stop E-pads

Back