Rear mtn bike shock help!

Thanks there HumanPerson, I'm not too worried. Was being a smart butt as well kinda. 🤣😂🤣 I think I'm going to give 1 of these dual chamber air shocks a try. If I had the money I would buy a RockShox Monarch R. I'll try this cheaper version. They seem to have decent reviews.View attachment 200088
I see rox shox all over craigslist santa barbara if you are anywhere near there

Thanks there HumanPerson, I'm not too worried. Was being a smart butt as well kinda. 🤣😂🤣 I think I'm going to give 1 of these dual chamber air shocks a try. If I had the money I would buy a RockShox Monarch R. I'll try this cheaper version. They seem to have decent reviews.View attachment 200088
If you have a short piece of rectangular tubing, you can move the mounting point to where it's more suitable.

Attachments

• Boxhelp.jpg
    Boxhelp.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 28
Yeah I was studying that pretty hard today. I had something similar in mind. If it works out like I think it should, i should have 3 places to bolt the new mount to the frame.
Remember to use a crush sleeve between any two unsupported walls. It can be any sort of pipe over the bolt where it goes through the tube. I've seen some cart guys just drill the hole to the size of a pipe and then weld the pipe into the hole.

Remember to use a crush sleeve between any two unsupported walls. It can be any sort of pipe over the bolt where it goes through the tube. I've seen some cart guys just drill the hole to the size of a pipe and then weld the pipe into the hole.
If I can pull it off with my limited machining tools. The new mount will bolt to the original shock hole bracket, then it will bolt around each side of the frame tubing like a clam shell mount.

Back