Ping LifeP04 Battery long range Comments.

slickdude

Local time
11:27 AM
I originally had 3 batteries but one had after three years gotten a bad BMS as it had rubbed against the container becoming damaged...my fault. However after almost 6 years riding I have the last few years used the two remaining batteries and I can effectively state the quality has been great on Ping's batteries. I have accumulated over 24,000 riding miles on the three batteries with the remaining two at a range of 1st battery about 12 miles at 15mps and the 2nd battery at 15 miles at 18mph. The batteries I have are all 48volt 15AH batteries and I usually charge them on a 5amp charger. They charge fully in about 2.25 hours I wanted to pass this on as I am considering when they start coming out. The new Toshiba SCIB batteries.

I am looking at the SCIB because they will yield a riding range on a 10 minute fast charge of almost 200 miles I have learned. They also lose only 10% of capacity at 10,000 charging cycles, which makes this a major breakthru. The new Toshiba SCIB's are already being sold at 35 volt systems in the new Schwinn which can be purchased online so they are available. The configuration I will be looking for is a battery pack in a "Killer Whale" type box that slides onto a mounted base where a waterbottle goes. What is unique about this setup is that it centers the battery weight better than the old big back square box I have been using as of late. Anyhow I did want to thank Mr. Ping for that 24,000 miles of air in my face fun. It has been a hoot for this physically handicapped rider of late. Have a great one everyone.

Back