Parts most likely to go bad?

Anime2019Master

Local time
10:39 AM
While breaking in my engine my carb starting pouring gas. I disassembled it, turns out my float had a crack and had become a sink. Then my cdi went out. Got a replacement in the mail so I'll have it back up and running in a few days. But b4 I make any long trips, i wanna buy some parts to take with me just in case. I already plan to buy a spare cdi. What other parts show I carry? What has everyone else had to replace most often?

While breaking in my engine my carb starting pouring gas. I disassembled it, turns out my float had a crack and had become a sink. Then my cdi went out. Got a replacement in the mail so I'll have it back up and running in a few days. But b4 I make any long trips, i wanna buy some parts to take with me just in case. I already plan to buy a spare cdi. What other parts show I carry? What has everyone else had to replace most often?
How long of a trip are we talking about?

yeah but you wouldn't carry along a spare top end, i think he wants what to bring just in case.
yeah. mount the extra cdi unscrew the plug wire and stow it
2 inner tubes, flathead and Phillips screwdriver, a master link. coat hanger, ziptie, needle nose pliers, 8 & 10mm socket n wrench, + whatever you need to pull the back wheel. and a rag, little 4oz bottle of 2 stroke oil. I also take along 2, 1L bottles, sometimes with gas sometimes empty.
prep beforehand like clean, grease. oil everything up n tight.
only thing that usually goes wrong is chain or wheel related, or spark. everything else can be squared up before you go and probably can't deal with on the road anyway.

yeah but you wouldn't carry along a spare top end, i think he wants what to bring just in case.
yeah. mount the extra cdi unscrew the plug wire and stow it
2 inner tubes, flathead and Phillips screwdriver, a master link. coat hanger, ziptie, needle nose pliers, 8 & 10mm socket n wrench, + whatever you need to pull the back wheel. and a rag, little 4oz bottle of 2 stroke oil. I also take along 2, 1L bottles, sometimes with gas sometimes empty.
prep beforehand like clean, grease. oil everything up n tight.
only thing that usually goes wrong is chain or wheel related, or spark. everything else can be squared up before you go and probably can't deal with on the road anyway.
Great suggestions, thanks. And youre right, i dont wanna have to tote an entire spare engine, lol, just spares of the parts that go out most often. I plan to get solid cores for my tires so I won't have to worry about flats. I already planned on packing a 20oz with pre mixed gas, an emergency stash to get me home if I ran out, a pair of channel locks, couple sockets, screwdrivers, hadn't thought about a spare masterlink.

Back