P85ers delete thoes reeds

Jayraye39

Local time
4:07 AM
No matter what version of phantom 85 you have. If you still havnt deleted your reed and installed a solid piston. You are playing with fire. Piston slap at WOT is still destroying motors. Im a member of many FB groups and forums and I see atleast 1 post a week where a p85 self destructed. The stroke of the original sthil topend is 36mm to 38mm stroke. this topend does not like to be on a 40mm stroke with a windowed piston. MAINLY THIS HAPPENS AT WOT. but whats the point of all that power you bought if you cant tease it wide open. Delete thoes reeds.

But hear is the kicker. piston swap and reed delete will void your warranty. A lose lose situation. Your money your call.

I don't plan to use WOT with my Phantom, and I really can't afford to void the warranty. If it does grenade it will likely still be covered by my warranty and I will be able to get a new top end. At that point I might swap to a meteor piston and caber rings, but for now I'll stick with the reed setup. Thanks for the heads-up

No matter what version of phantom 85 you have. If you still havnt deleted your reed and installed a solid piston. You are playing with fire. Piston slap at WOT is still destroying motors. Im a member of many FB groups and forums and I see atleast 1 post a week where a p85 self destructed. The stroke of the original sthil topend is 36mm to 38mm stroke. this topend does not like to be on a 40mm stroke with a windowed piston. MAINLY THIS HAPPENS AT WOT. but whats the point of all that power you bought if you cant tease it wide open. Delete thoes reeds.
I will wait to hear from @ImpulseRocket on this as I know he actually runs a FB forum for just P-85s, plus the fact he also actually owns a P-85 just as I also do, and is not just reading what others are saying.

these groups im apart of are funny. guy posted what is the most reliable motor i can put on my bike. every answer to his question was for some sort of chinese motor. My answer was a predator 49cc or 212cc. folks in their thought I was crazy. pretty muched boo ed me. I asked the group. we are all adults and the western nations have imported product from china for decades. So in your lifetime when in the hell have you ever gotten something from china and upon opening it. the word reliable was a word that you immediately thought of? people are ignorant makes me laugh

these groups im apart of are funny. guy posted what is the most reliable motor i can put on my bike. every answer to his question was for some sort of chinese motor. My answer was a predator 49cc or 212cc. folks in their thought I was crazy. pretty muched boo ed me. I asked the group. we are all adults and the western nations have imported product from china for decades. So in your lifetime when in the hell have you ever gotten something from china and upon opening it. the word reliable was a word that you thought of people are ignorant makes me laugh
Hey Jay, have you considered using a 212 predator on your bike? It will have tons of torque and more potential, plus I've seen some great replica builds with a 212.

no they post pics to and are peed off
All I can tell ya Jay is that my motors seem to always be a success in running them, but I do not keep modifying them either, I just knock off any sharp edges and break things in properly and do not seem to ever have the problems that many folks seem to experience.

I must be doing something right...lol.

Hey Jay, have you considered using a 212 predator on your bike? It will have tons of torque and more potential, plus I've seen some great replica builds with a 212.
to heavy especially on my bike and 4 strokes are for senior citizens. lol

All I can tell ya Jay is that my motors seem to always be a success in running them, but I do not keep modifying them either, I just knock off any sharp edges and break things in properly and do not seem to ever have the problems that many folks seem to experience.

I must be doing something right...lol.
well ur not burnin Wide open like the youngsters. Kidz will learn. just though Id throw a warning out their for yall incase one day yall wanted to take it up high for few

Back