P85 cylinder plating issues

I was an ASE cerified master mechanic for 20 years before my second retirement and all I can say about modern car electrical systems...A total PITA...lol...lol.
Yeah that's why I don't do it for a dealership and mostly install third party accessories. It's completely not worth doing anymore with the amount of work and the troubleshooting nightmares all these modules and bcm errors can be

I would swear that is aluminum peel plus bad adherence of the ceramic coating...Send them the pics, they will send ya a replacement cylinder...I wouldn't even use that one whatsoever.
Yeah it's definitely unusable. Hopefully they just send me a new jug. It looks like a plating to me but I could still be wrong honestly.

The Phantom 85 motor that I think he mentioned he has is NOT nickel plated inside the cylinder, it has an applied ceramic coating inside that cylinder as stated in its description on bicycle-engines.com as well as the fact that I have a P-85 I ride and can attest to this as I observed the coating when I put mine together.

Hopefully the OP has been running that according to instructions using a 20:1 mix for 300 mile breakin period using Conventional oil ONLY, and then no less oil than a 25:1 mix after breakin and of course thats when synthetic oil CAN be use, but only after conventional oil breakin first.
Pretty sure he hasn't even started it yet

Bicycle engines came through with warranty replacement. I'm waiting on shipping information but they have started the process to send another head out to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230619-220206~2.png
    Screenshot_20230619-220206~2.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 60
Back