My bike just about dialed in.

My first post. There it is, my first bike. Hiland MTB 66cc motor cleaned up internals, port matched, NGK plug, extractor exhaust, HP carb, 52 tooth rear sprocket and modified stock muffler. Stock internals and head.
Took a long time to make this happen, watched a lot of youtube and read the forums. This one is the best by far.
A few details, the extractor on it's own was way too loud so I put the stock muffler on which killed the power so I made it into a glass pack by gutting the internals, drilling several more holes in the pipe, wrapped it loosely with expanded screen and filled the cavity with fibre glass. Works great not too loud.
The stock rear sprocket was drilled to mount on the disc brake hub but found it way too fast and had no hill climbing power so I bolted the 52 to the 44.

bike.jpg

Thanks Guys,
I built this as a commuter bike that can climb hills, I wanted it to look nice and tidy. My dirt biking days are pretty much over. This bag of brittle old bones just doesn't bounce like it used to.
As far as how it runs, I put the hp carb for clearance issues only. The nt hit the clutch arm so I had to extend the intake so far that my foot kept hitting the carb. I would rather have the nt but I am slowly getting the hp to run nice after many jet changes,
I found a 3/4 in street elbow works ok as an offset. Lucky to find the right pipe sizes to make it happen.
I know I'm a day late and a dollar short to this hobby but am having a lot of fun with it.

I live about 250 ft above where I have to go. Where I live it is technically illegal to ride so I always peddle whether I need to or not don't speed and drive it like a motorcycle. Didn't want an ebike so the gas bike seemed like fun and at a fraction of the cost. One big draw back is you have to be prepared to mess with it quite often.
I'm building another similar one but with 27.5 wheels vs 29 a black frame and chrome everything else.

Looks good. I agree with you that this forum is the best source of info. I'm working on my first gas build and this forum has been a great resource. The people I've interacted with in here all are pretty cool as well, which I'm not going to call out any other forums or groups but other places I've tried to get advice it seems like I was talked down to or some people just seemed uptight like they were building the rocket ships for space x instead of a fun bike😂. I got a lot of advice on my first e bike build here as well, it was a left drive super cheap kit and the resources about those kits in the ebike forums and groups seems to be non existent but the guys here were great giving me advice.

I live about 250 ft above where I have to go. Where I live it is technically illegal to ride so I always peddle whether I need to or not don't speed and drive it like a motorcycle. Didn't want an ebike so the gas bike seemed like fun and at a fraction of the cost. One big draw back is you have to be prepared to mess with it quite often.
I'm building another similar one but with 27.5 wheels vs 29 a black frame and chrome everything else.
So are you saying your current bike has 29" wheels???

building the rocket ships for space x instead of a fun bike😂.
And even then, Elon Musk has had 8 of them either blow up or crash and burn on him...lol...He calls it a learning experience...lol...lol.
Mighty expensive learning experience...lol....I'm not rich enough to afford "learning" experiences like this so I would also rather learn from others mistakes rather than blow up or crash and burn...Save money and save some skin at the same time...lol.

Back