Motorized bike with integrated flamethrower and analog tachometer

RB55

Local time
1:27 AM
Today I tested my motorized bike's integrated flamethrower system and analog tachometer today. Finished both of them this week after finals in school. I bought the tachometer for $12 off Amazon (look up "motorcycle tachometer") and used a USB power bank with a boost converter to provide the 12V it needs. It was relatively easy to wire up once I figured everything out; the green (ground) goes to the negative 12V AND the negative wire to the CDI on the bike, the positive (black) wire goes to the positive 12V, and the signal (yellow and black) wire goes to the white (generator) wire from the magneto. It lights up if you wire the night lights as well which is very nice, and is very accurate at displaying RPM (checked with digital tach). Only complaint is that the needle is slow to move up and down, but what can you expect for 12$....

The flamethrower system was all custom designed and built by me. It is made of a taser high-voltage module wired to an barbeque electrode that sticks in to the exhaust muffler core, attached with JB weld high-heat. It hardens like steel when cured and I've ran it for an hour and it was still as strong as ever. The taser is wired with a simple toggle switch to another boost converter set at 5V powered by the same USB power bank. It shoots flames during normal engine operation when on, but makes the largest and brightest flames (~1ft) when the engine is revved to a high RPM and the kill switch is pressed, since air mixed with fuel is directly flowing through the exhaust with the engine acting as a pump.

In total, these mods cost around 25$ and made the bike way more awesome than than it was before, especially the tachometer. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Attached below are some pictures of the bike and a video of the flamethrower in action.

(flamethrower)

(tachometer)

IMG_1416.jpeg
IMG_1390.JPG
IMG_1407.JPG

Let us know when ya catch your pants on fire. Hope ya get that on video. LOL

Jeans would be best for real. If you're up for it, can you roast a marshmallow or melt a snow man for us? Reminds me of the potato launchers we used to do.

Last edited:
Can ya park next to one of those candy cane yard decorations in the picture and toast that for us?
I think your flame thrower is Bad Ass.
Your stun gun connection allows you control when you want it to blows flames or not. Good design.
I'm sure you'll be careful to not let the cops see ya light it off.

Back