Morphing Choctaw into a Harley Sortofson

Hoodoo

Local time
6:54 AM
My pre WWI military re-einacting season is coming up and I could not get the 9Hp version ready for this year, so I decided to Morph my Choctaw into an early Army experimental Harley. Going to slap on a cover over the current tank cover (so I can switch back later- the Harley tank fits over the top frame bar) and add a simulated oil tank and then paint 'er gray and also put on Monarch shocks....should make for a good impression in my circles as well as give me much needed transportation...then when I build the 9hp Harley this summer I can convert the Choctaw back to a more indianesque look. Only have two weekends to do it and lots of other stuff also.....why I am posting this when I should be working on the bike?

Hardly Sortofson at military living history pic

Took the finally running right bike to Camp Mabry Texas. While the event is primarily WWII, there is a side event for earlier years. I did the impression of a very early Harley experiment with the US Army, of course the impression was
tied in with a guy doing early/pre WWI. The bike was a big hit, even had a guy come by the camp with a fine WWII BMW with sidecar to tell me how awesome the bike was....amazing that people see the similarities to the original bike and not the modern features...the bike was a big hit for me as I did not have to walk to see the other attractions at the living history event.
Still lots of cosmetic stuff to do. That addition of the whizzer replica dropstand is huge in terms of looks and convenience. Just had to bolt an extension on to the ears to make it sit the way I wanted it to.

Attachments

• Mabry camp 2011.JPG
    Mabry camp 2011.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 587
  • Mabry checkpoint 1.JPG
    Mabry checkpoint 1.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 537
Hardley Davidson at airshow

This was taken at an airshow in San Marcos Texas last weekend. I have since applied pin striping and markings (front fender and fork paint should make it on Friday and I will be adding a screw to keep that front part of the tank cover from riding up) and it will be appear at a vintage airplane/vintage car/vintage motorcycle event in Kingsbury Texas riding with original vintage motorcycles and other tribute bikes. Getting lots of attention and it beats walking around the events!

Attachments

• myers and Harley at San Marcos 2011.JPG
    myers and Harley at San Marcos 2011.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 551
I'm gonna have to get me one of those oil tanks... and seeing the Hardley Davidson without a front fender, I think I like the look... I am going to use the back fender because I'm mounting brake light and turn signals to it, but I might skip the front fender...

Back