Micargi Rover: 142F to 224 preddy.

How hard is that on parts? I mean cause of oiling issues? Its splash oiling, & I've never mounted 1 other than flat.
Not too sure with a bigger engine, all I have is the 79cc chopper to go off of. I've seen that done with bigger ones but can't remember where, maybe BBR or the likes. If you find that and check the reviews, that might give you an idea.

Not too sure with a bigger engine, all I have is the 79cc chopper to go off of. I've seen that done with bigger ones but can't remember where, maybe BBR or the likes. If you find that and check the reviews, that might give you an idea.
Yeah I see people doing it all the time with the 212's. I was just curious on engine longevity when mounting it other than how it was designed.

That engine has a hole in the side, is that for the oil shut down wire? Plumb a pump through that and the valve cover.
They say that crankcase pressure sprays enough oil mist thru the crankcase breather hose to keep the valve train lubricated. Dont know how true this is?

Yeah I see people doing it all the time with the 212's. I was just curious on engine longevity when mounting it other than how it was designed.
That's what I was saying, I would be most concerned with oil to the valve gear. There is more than enough splash for the bottom end.

That's what I was saying, I would be most concerned with oil to the valve gear. There is more than enough splash for the bottom end.
Yes that hole in block is low oil shut down. I tapped it to a O-ring fitting.

The 224 pulls soo much harder than the 212. I cant believe 2.1ft/lbs makes that much difference. The 224 block & side cover are a lot thicker than a 212 predator as well. I reccomend spending the extra $40 for the predator 224. It's made by Ducar.

Back