Largest displacement friction dive? Or most HP?

You might want to give KC a call at KCSbikes.com and see what he can do for you. He's doing some impressive builds for his customers.

On my own current build project it may take me 9 months from start to completion and end up costing about $1,500. Your goals will dictate your time horizons and your costs. As in all quests, the journey is as important as the destination.

I look forward to reading about your bike as you continue your quest.

I'm currently planning to drive over to David's shop on Tuesday and pick up my equipment barring any unexpected delays. Once I get the motor, reduction drive and pedal axle shift kit in, the real work will begin. I'll still need to get a center stand and a suspension seat post and maybe left side rear basket for carrying small stuff. I'll eventually get some type of trailer for it. I like the Ursus center stand and the Suntour suspension post so I'll most likely order them. Still need to look at mirrors too. Always something else.

I'm currently planning to drive over to David's shop on Tuesday and pick up my equipment barring any unexpected delays. Once I get the motor, reduction drive and pedal axle shift kit in, the real work will begin. I'll still need to get a center stand and a suspension seat post and maybe left side rear basket for carrying small stuff. I'll eventually get some type of trailer for it. I like the Ursus center stand and the Suntour suspension post so I'll most likely order them. Still need to look at mirrors too. Always something else.

So how did things work out ?
MM

I got it all put together and the freewheel in the pedal axle failed within the first quarter mile of testing the bike at speeds of less than 15mph. Sent the pedal hub assembly back for repair and got it back and it lasted 70 miles. Sent it back August the 6th and still waiting for it back. He's trying to change the design to handle the extra power of my Honda GXH50. When Ive had it operational its been a wonderful tool. Will still need to add some final touches on it but waiting on getting it reliable first.

You and me both. I missed the spring canoeing, the summer hang gliding, and the fall backpacking, hoping it will be ready for my winter backpacking. I do most of my hiking in winter down here in Arkansas due to the temperatures for the rest of the year. We seldom get below zero here in winter. Generally just the low teens. I have a receiver basket on the back of my Tundra that I carry my bike in. Bike weighs about 70 lbs. Easy to put it in the basket. I'm now getting serious about my training for the hiking season and doing 2 miles a day of real training and another 2.5 miles of just everyday walking. Soon I'll be adding the backpack with water jugs in it for weight. Got a 36 miler lined up as a loop hike so I won't need the bike for that one. It's one of our most strenuous hikes on such a short circuit. Can't wait!

I'm planning on doing the approximately 500 mile Natchez Trace from Nashville, TN to Natchez, MS on my MAB in the spring. Will use my ultralight backpacking gear on the trip.

Will have to figure out my logistics for the return trip. Perhaps drop off bike and equipment in Nashville and drive truck to Natchez and take bus back to Nashville and then ride bike back down to Natchez and drive home from there.

Back