Ka-ching! Cost of a new FD

darwin

Local time
8:54 PM
Well I decided to keep up with the cost of a new MAB. This bike I hope to keep and just replace broken parts as needed. The only expensive addition might be a Honda GX50 if they ever come out. Trying not to cheap out or any major compromises on this bike. Still need to get a bike, waiting for a few checks before that happens. Will need a kick stand depending on bike, new tire compatible w/fd and 2 tire liners. Estimated $40 includes shipping.
HS 144f plus added tank $270 includes shipping
Staton FD kit, cloud 9 seat, 2 thorn resistant tubes $200 includes shipping
New bike estimated cost $270 Motobecane 300HT includes shipping
Already have a mirror, good Ulock and cable lock and handle bar bag. IF bought would cost $100.
Total cost $880

1 major compromise I made was not using a GEBE kit. With the included HD wheel that is needed, just can't justify the cost. Saving about $450 [$575 considering the cost of the Staton FD kit] by making this choice. A few must haves on the bike is trigger shifters, no twist shifters. Twist shifters are too cumbersome and get in the way of a thumb throttle and limit the grip surface area. 26in wheels, I just prefer them over 700c wheels. Would like caliper brakes but the rear interferes w/the rear support for the FD. Any ways just some thoughts...…...……...………...…………………….

Last edited:
Back