HF 225 Stick Welder- $169 close out?

Risk Man

Local time
9:18 AM
I have never done any welding and was thinking about buying the cheap wirefeed welder from HF for $129. I saw one of the 225 Stick Welders on the return table with regular price of $399 for $169. Would this be suitable for a Newbie to the art or should I stay with the cheap wirefeed to learn how to weld?

Thanks

I have never done any welding and was thinking about buying the cheap wirefeed welder from HF for $129. I saw one of the 225 Stick Welders on the return table with regular price of $399 for $169. Would this be suitable for a Newbie to the art or should I stay with the cheap wirefeed to learn how to weld?

Thanks
Risk Man I say spend a bit more money & get a mig wire feed welder. I would stay away from a stick welder for your 1st welder. There is nothing wrong with a stick welder.

Where you like to work on bikes & stuff a wire feed welder would fit the bill better for you.

I would spend a bit more money & get the next size harbor freight wire feed welder. & make sure to get a welder that let's you use shielding gas if its needed for a welding job/project.

Risk Man I say spend a bit more money & get a mig wire feed welder. I would stay away from a stick welder for your 1st welder. There is nothing wrong with a stick welder.

Where you like to work on bikes & stuff a wire feed welder would fit the bill better for you.

I would spend a bit more money & get the next size harbor freight wire feed welder. & make sure to get a welder that let's you use shielding gas if its needed for a welding job/project.
thanks

I have the hf 110 wire feed one. It welds good, though I need some practice.

Stick welding is a great eay to learn how to weld, but not great for welding on bikes. Mig welders are easy to use especially for people that don't really know how to weld.

Don't get the $129 one. I had one before and it sucks. The feed speed in sever consistent and the voltage fluctuates.

My other recommendation is to buy a decent auto-darkening welding helmut if you buy a welder. A auto-darkening helmut makes welding soo much nicer for you.
Also get some extra lenses with that, 1 little scratch and it'll distort your view.

I got a new welder, inverter, it does it all. Mig, flux, and stick, just plug the appropriate cable into the front.

Back