Clutch (help!) SkyHawk GT5 Stubborn clutch removal

Degoragon

Local time
9:00 AM
I have a Grubee Skyhawk GT5 2 stroke engine on my bike. Recently, I had a rear wheel bearing let loose on my motorized bike, sending the wheel into the frame. Afterwards, I noticed that the clutch will jam in a particular spot, so I suspect it is bent. I ordered a new clutch, and now, I am trying to remove the clutch assembly. i'm sure I have all the relevant bolts, snap rings woodruff key , and hardware removed. the drive sprocket has also been removed. However, despite this, it still acts like it is bolted together, as when I go to use a clutch puller, It will not budge! I have already destroyed one clutch puller. The second puller has one rounded edge from where the wrench slipped.

Have any of you dealt with a clutch that won't come off? Should I use an impact? None of the videos I watched on the subject discusses using one.

I'd try some heat on the center clutch area before you try pulling it again. That seems incredibly tight on there and it's just press fit onto the shaft. Pick up a propane torch at the local big box or local hardware store and give that a shot is about all I can suggest.

I'd try some heat on the center clutch area before you try pulling it again. That seems incredibly tight on there and it's just press fit onto the shaft. Pick up a propane torch at the local big box or local hardware store and give that a shot is about all I can suggest.

My guess is the arm might be bent or something. After the rear wheel bearings came apart and sent the wheel in the frame, I noticed that the clutch will lock up completely in one spot. Im wondering if I only messed up the clutch assembly, or if I did even more damage than I realized.

20200619_095757.jpg

20200619_095752.jpg
here's a couple pics of the engine

What happens if you put a nut on the clutch side (second picture) and keep turning when it's seated?

Thought I would share this but a engine I order recently came assembled with a copious amount's of red loctite.
Had to use a 4 foot breaker bar and vise to get the clutch out.
It's recommended to heat up red loctite so it comes apart easy

Take a block of wood and place against the shaft in the top pic. Give it a whack with a hammer and the whole shaft will pop out the other side with the bearing and clutch plate attached to it. Now you will be able to put it in a vise and heat it up if necessary to remove the clutch plate. To reassemble put the shaft back into engine. Tap bearing back into case with an appropriate size socket, install clutch plate.

Back