Grubee 4 stroke gear box chatter

Try 3 holes per shoe. It takes more holes than you think as the shoes are heavy and the area in which you are drilling is thin 1/8" or so. Just try to leave 1/4" more or less between holes. Trust me this will solve the noise issue.

That's 9 holes Cheetoh. I'll go strictly by the 1/4" gap between holes & not go closer nor exceed 9 holes. If this works as you say and as it most certainly will I think you have made a great contribution to all Grubee owners and yet again it shows what a truly great forum MBc is. Pity the makers of the kits in China don't benefit from all this incredible knowledge and experience. Well done Cheetoh and conger rats mate!

I've reported this elsewhere but I should say it here.....this method of Cheetoh's has worked very well for me but I'm noticing that recent Grubee clutches have a stronger spring as I reported on another thread so might not need this drilling. 5/16" drill bit is too wide to fit in the spring channel so I went a bit smaller 7/32" I think it was and that fitted pretty exactly. Even if you drill the newer clutch with bigger spring it will only improve the clutch because this method cannot harm the clutch but might help stop chatter beginning. Clutch chatter detracts totally from a good bike build and causes onlookers to wince when they hear it. This idea is a great breakthrough I reckon.

I think it worth noting that this thread has been moved to the wrong place. This is really about frame mounted kits as opposed to rack mounted and should be in the section for frame mounted rigs. I know the Grubee GB is sometimes used on rack mounts but these postings are all about frame mounted bikes by people with frame mounts.

Back