Fuel Carrier(Stainless Steel)

F

fetor56

I bought this on eBay cos it has a stainless steel body with the cap thread also stainless steel.I've replaced the standard o-ring seal with a fuel PROOF o-ring.....notice the color,brownish.
I've tested this over the last 3 days by laying it on it's side(half full with fuel) & shaking it occasionally....NO leaks. :D
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=160323244060
P1010143A.JPG

p1010145.JPG

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That's a Klean Kanteen knock-off. I just bought one for carrying water with me everyday.

The steel flat caps and the poly loop caps are the best, BTW. 27 oz is the same as the 800 mL size. And there's also a neoprene case to insulate your beverages, which would obviously be unnecessary if you're putting gasoline inside...

Klean Kanteen
KK steel flat cap
Built NY neoprene bottle tote

There's also another knock-off of the Klean Kanteens, called Lifeline Green. Costco is selling a 6-pack for $50 that I might use for gasoline but not beverages. Supposedly the Lifeline Green bottles rust and are lighter than the KK bottles... leading me to believe they aren't stainless or they use really cruddy steel.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I weigh 185 and have an 80cc and thats about all I get 60 -70 mpg. Most guys say there must be something wrong. My spark plug is a light tan color and any lighter it will be too lean a setting. I use a 1 1/2 gallon tank and it doesn't last long, but as long as it runs I'm happy with it.

I have to jump in here. I had an stainless 22oz water/fuel bottle given to me as a promotional (company logo) item. Seemingly, it was perfect for gas. After six moths, the poly top swelled a little from the gas. The top was hard to remove, upon reinserting, the threads wouldn't match the bottle and cross threaded, leaving stringy bits of poly in my gas. My point is, that even though it might look like it would work; be careful to buy only bottles with caps designed to carry fuel.
-Mike

Yea, even the steel flat cap I linked to above has polypropylene on top, and supposedly drinks can leak inbetween the two sections of the cap. If you never turn 'em upside down, it'd probly be ok... otherwise, find another bottle!

Back